prologue

"All rise for the Emperor,"

The flutter of hanboks indicated the movement of royal advisors and workers who had gathered in the courtyard, not a single one daring to even look at their ruler. Yet, their minds were anxiously curious, as to why the Emperor had gathered them together.

Footsteps echoed across the wooden panels of the palace, the royal robes of Min Yoongi coming into view.

He was a handsome man. Terrifyingly handsome for a man who was crueller than the devil himself. His skin was pale, milky white that glowed under the sun's rays, and his eyes were settled on the crowd beneath him. 

It was the deep scar that ran across his face that was unsettling to most. The fact that nobody had a clue as to how it had appeared or the story behind it, made the population nervous. Not for their ruler, but for themselves.

What if a war was underway.

"You are all gathered here today for a ceremony,"

Yoongi lifted his head high, his dark eyes raised towards the blue sky above him. He faced his workers once more, before snapping his fingers as an attendant ran off.

"Please! Please! I'm begging you, please don't kill me, I promise you that I won't ever do it- "

"SILENCE!" The Min ordered, his voice the sound of thunder as the man fell silent, still cowering under the Emperor's gaze.

"This," He pointed towards the sobbing man. "Is an example of the very thing I don't like. Talking behind my back. You said that I was cruel, heartless, a monster,"

The Emperor spun around, a guard handing him his beloved sword, glimmering proudly in its owner's hands.

He stepped down from the balcony, the group dividing into two as they made way for the man, who stood before the weeping worker.

"Please, I promise I won't ever say such untruthfull things again. Please, let me live, my Mother is ill at home and I have to look after her. Please- "

But no more words left his mouth as the Emperor raised his hand and slit the man's neck, crimson blood tarnishing the blade as well as it's owners skin.

"Indeed," Min Yoongi smiled. "I am a monster,"