sixteen

When her eyes finally opened from her deep slumber, Choi Jangmi realised that she was not where she had been last. 

White pillows and blankets surrounded her form, engulfing her in warmth. She was in her room. 

A frown made its way to her lips as she tried to think back to when exactly she had dozed off in the library, but as she tried to remember, a thought ran through her mind.

If she was in her room, then someone must have carried her there, and that someone must have been... Yoongi.

Sitting up straight, the girl clapped a hand over her mouth, eyes darting around the room, despite the lack of presence within it. 

Yoongi had taken her back?

Slowly, she removed the palm of her hand from her lips, a small blush crawling up towards her lovely cheeks as the scenario taunted her.

Shaking her head, the Empress climbed out of the warmth of the bed, heading towards the washroom.

She needed to get her head straight.

...

"How was your wedding night?"

When Jangmi had emerged into the dining room, she had been greeted with coy smiles and smirks from the boys who had returned from leaving the married couple alone.

"Are we going to be uncles anytime soon?" Taehyung teased, earning laughter from Jimin and Jungkook.

"N-Not anytime soon, no," The girl shook her head furiously, tinges of pink splattering her cheeks once more, and she was sure she resembled a strawberry.

"Stop it the lot of you, you're embarrassing her," Namjoon rolled his eyes, patting the space beside him. "Come on, Jangmi, eat,"

Apparently, the Emperor had disappeared into the sparring room, having wanted to practice his fighting skills, and whilst Jungkook had offered the girl for her to watch, she had politely refused. She was already afraid of her husband enough, she really did not want to see him with a blade in his hand.

"So I was thinking," Jin clapped his hands as the group turned to him. "After breakfast, we can get you fitted a few hanboks from the Royal Tailor, and afterwards we could go to the village and have a look around. You've never been around here, have you?"

"I came once as a child," Jangmi said, thoughtfully. "But it was several winters ago, and I can't remember much of it,"

"Can we go to the stables?" Hoseok asked, his eyes wide with hope. "I want to see our horses!"

"Oh can we?" Jimin pleaded alongside the Jung boy. "I haven't ridden in ages!"

"Alright," Namjoon nodded. "Let's go,"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

how you doing?

i feel like it's been ages since i did an 'author's note', normally, i used to do it ever chapter in my other books.

i hope you're doing okay. make sure to get lots of rest and sleep and drink water. 

i hope you're enjoying so far :)

lots of love and hugs

xx