THRITY-TWO

(Leah POV♥︎)

I sat in my seat quietly and looked through the window. Light poles flashed by and I watched the sky turn into a light shade of pink.

"I know what you want." Kai put his hand on my thigh. He put his hand on for just a second but that one second made my heart race, my thighs move, and my breath hitch.

He moved his hand back onto the wheel and with his other hand he opens the window. I smile back and fold my arms as I look out the window.

~

I held my hands in front of my eyes like blindfold as Kai instructed me to. We pulled into a parking lot and I felt the car sit idly. I heard Kai's door close and a few moments later mine open.

"careful." Kai put his hands on my forearm. I got up and with one hand covering my eye I felt for him with my other.

He held me steady by my waist and once I was settled he said, "Open!" excitedly.

I opened my eyes and put my hands down and looked up.

I felt my eyes prickle slightly at the sight in-front of me. My grandmother used to take my family to this restaurant all the time. My parents said I would insist we went there everyday. I went for the most part of my childhood, but then we suddenly stopped.

Milo had only been there a few times and I looked at Kai confused.

"H-How did you know?"

"I do my research." He said with a proud smirk.

"Wow. I mean- thank you!" I looked into his eyes.

I leaned up and as casually as I could I kissed him. I felt my body heat up and looked away immediately. I glanced up a little and saw Kai with a small smile and pink tint covering his face.

"Guys! Reservations for three will be gone if you don't come in!" Jessie stepped out.

I ran to her and put my hands around her.

"Jess!" I hugged her.

"Happy Birthday!" She hugged back with a bag swung around her wrist.

~

The restaurant changed tremendously and seemed to be doing really well. It made me happy seeing all the old decorations. Though there were more new than old, it was still cool to find the little pieces tucked away.

A waiter had taken our order and we sat around the table chattering.

"No! That is simply not true! Wanda is by far the most powerful avenger in the MCU!" Jessie looked at Kai with fiery.

"Ok. But Doctor Strange." He raised his eyebrows as is he made the most amazing point.

"She created a whole town. With her MIND!" Jessie began to raise her voice.

"hey," I looked to her next to me and put my hand on her arm.

She looked at me in a sorry expression and turned to Kai with a scrunched face.

"I like Rocket. He's over looked." I shrugged. "And his backstory makes me want to cry."

The food came out sooner than I thought and we dug in.

As I sat laughing with Kai and Jessie. I couldn't help but to think about how perfect this is.

All my other birthdays I spent studying by myself. For dinner I would go out to eat with my family, and I got nice presents from them, but it never felt genuine.

~

After our meals, a huge cake came out. Kai looked at me from the other side and eyed up and down. It made my body tingle.

"Everyone, we have a very special birthday! Today is Leah's birthday!" The waitress yelled. A groups of workers came around the table and began to clap.

The sang happy birthday and Jessie swinged in her seat back and forth singing. We thanked the waitress as she left and the group.

"Here ya go princess." Kai pulled a little tiara out.

Jessie placed it on my head and Kai pulled his phone out like some dad.

"cheeseee!" Jessie squeezed me as I blew the candles out.

~

After we had dinner we took a joy ride and Jessie and I let our body's out through the moon roof.

Kai pulled on my thigh when I went too high and grabbed my leg as if I would fall out. We turned into Kai's subdivision and Kai turned the music down.

"Thank you Jessie for the best birthday ever!" I smiled and gave her a wide hug.

It was. Sure it was small and might seem lame to just anyone, but tonight meant so much to me. My favorite flowers, food, and people. I wouldn't spend it any other way.

"One last stop!" Kai yelled below.

He pulled in front of his house and we got out the car and walked to his door. Kai opened the door slowly and the whole house was dim.

A light flicked on immediately and Kai's mom and Milo jumped out from the dinning room table with streamers. Another lady came out too but I didn't know who she was.

"surprise!" They yelled.

"Whoa!!" I looked at them surprised.

"Happy Birthday Leah!" Kai's mother gave me a big hug. She took my arms and pulled me to the table. On the table there was a homemade cake in purple and pink.

Wide letters spelled my name and 'Happy Birthday'.

"Happy Birthday sis," Milo hugged my waist. "Mom wanted to fly down but her flight got delayed..."

I frowned slightly, remembering the parent situation. Sure I could wallow about it, but here is my second family. Kai's mom is practically mine and Jessie and Kai give me all the support I need. Kai teaches me things about life and Milo never fails to put a smile on my face.

I look at every one and I know everyone but one person.

"Leah, this is my sister." Kai introduces me.

She smiles widely and holds her hand out. Every movement is graceful and her hair, outfit and makeup is so neat. She's literally perfect. I stare at her for a moment until I shake her hand back.

"Happy birthday Leah, I'm Kai's sister Hana." Her voice is even perfect.

I give my best smile. My smile widens as Mrs. Dalton starts singing Happy Birthday. She held the cake and everyone began singing. In this moment I feel so loved.

••••
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW