Chapter 2: Starstruck

I opened my eyes, readjusting to real life again.

I have the same dream every night before the last show of the tour. I'm running, chasing a small bulb of light that is always just out of reach, and right before I'm able to grab it, the floor is pulled out from under me and I fall until I'm shaken awake.

I try not to think too much into it.

I'm able to lay in the silence for a few minutes until I hear knocks on my door.
"Come in.." I groan. It was Amy.
"Ready to start the day?" She sings. I sigh, pulling myself up.
"How are you always so.. happy in the morning." She laughed, sitting down on the corner of my bed, laptop in hand like always.
"How aren't you?" She asked, typing away. I rubbed my eyes.

"Alright, what's on the agenda today?" I sighed.
"So, you have press, mainly just discussing the new tour and the new direction we're apparently going in as of yesterday.." she said, I sensed her tone. I smiled. It was nice to have someone on my side. "...and then rehearsal at the venue, and you'll meet the potential opener for the next tour."
"Oh, right.." I mumbled. "I forgot about them." Amy giggled behind her laptop.

"Come on, look at them, they're harmless." She turned her laptop to face me. I hadn't actually gotten a good look at them yesterday when Tony showed me. I was already turned off to the idea.
"What do they sound like?" I asked. Amy typed away and pulled up something.

I sat and listened in silence while Amy pulled my hair back and started doing my makeup. I haven't even left my bed yet and I already had to have my face put on. I never ended.

"This is what the label wants me to sound like?" I asked. Amy shook her head smiling and patted my face with powder.
"No.." She sighed. "But it wouldn't hurt to take some notes. They're classic. And classic never goes out of style." I rolled my eyes.
"I'm not classic." I mocked "I am a moment." She laughed, rolling her eyes. The label was always pushing the idea of being "a moment" instead of having any substance.

"I googled their town." I eventually said, staring up as she brushed my lashes with mascara. Amy smirked at me.
"Oh well look who's interested now. So what did you find?" She asked.
"They live in the middle of no where. It's gonna be like.. culture shock for them when they come out here with us.. if they come out here with us."
"Maybe.. that'll be good for you. You need a change in perspective. They've lived.. outside of all this. And honestly, I think that's exactly what you need."
"I'm fine." I said plainly, looking back into the mirror. She sighed.
"I'm just saying.. just be open to it."
"We'll see."

"Good morning!" Tony called, walking through the door. He sat down across from me, laptop in hand. "Did Amy fill you in for the day?" I nodded.
"Yeah." I said, peeking over at him.
"The boys will get here a little before showtime so you'll have time to meet them, and then we're all gonna go out after for dinner. That should give us some time to see if they're a good fit. But in the end, the label makes the decision." I laughed.
"So, once again.. it doesn't matter what I think." He shrugged.
"You know how it is."
"I'm the one that makes them all of their money, and yet I get no say in any of it."

"Oh, it'll be fine." Tony said, tapping away. "And they're kinda cute." I giggled to myself.
"I'll be sure to ask if they're single for you, Tony." He rolled his eyes, waving me off.
"Oh, stop it.. they're much too young for me." I gave him a side eye.
"Too young for you? Does that even exist?" He playfully shoved me.
"Watch your mouth... and if anyone asks, yes it does."