Chapter 31: Julia

Jake's P.O.V

I couldn't believe there were people who lived like this, though I guess it wasn't fair to categorize Juliette as just people. This was her normal, so I could only imagine what "fancy" meant to her. If this was just her bus, I couldn't even fathom what her actual house looked like.

Maybe one day I'd get to find out.

I cautiously made my way around, scared to touch anything, knowing there was no way I could afford to pay for it if it broke. She noticed, giggling to herself as she climbed onto her bed, now staring up at me. I felt my heart beat faster, wondering what she thought about when she looked at me like that.

"Are you just gonna stand there?" She asked, now leaning back, propping herself up. I bit down on my lip, smirking back at her. I nodded.
"Probably, yeah." I laughed, continuing to look around, admiring just how new everything looked. I wondered if she got a brand new bus for every tour.

It was amazing how much money could separate us.
We really did come from two different worlds.

"Oh, stop it." She laughed, patting the spot across from her. "Just sit down, I know you're exhausted."

She was right. I was. But I was still hesitant, knowing just how much weight I put on things that she probably didn't think twice about. Spending the night with someone, it was a big deal to me, no matter the.. extent. And I knew that after one night with her, I'd never be able to sleep alone again.

So I cherished these last few minutes before I was forever debilitated.

"Fine." I sighed, flashing her a timid grin before I kicked off my shoes, nervously crawling over to her. She instantly reached out for me, gently grabbing onto my shirt, pulling me in closer. I could already feel my cheeks burning, my whole body now feeling like it was on fire. She moved over, making room for me as I pulled the covers over me, finally allowing myself to get close to her.

She fit so perfectly within my arms, cuddling back against me as I nuzzled my face into her hair. I squeezed her tighter, eventually feeling her fingers glide down my arm until one of her hands found mine, securely intertwining our fingers and bringing them up against her chest.

It was going to hurt so bad when she left.

She brought our hands up to her lips, gently kissing them until she could feel my body start to relax, to which she turned over to face me, leaving me to tense up all over again. I tried my best to hide my nerves, but I knew she could tell.

She could always tell.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded.
"Yeah. I'm okay." I whispered, my eyes slowly scanning her face until they landed on her lips again. Her smile grew as she leaned into a gentle kiss, eventually backing away, propping her head up onto her hand, now staring me down.

"What were you like as a kid?" She asked. I couldn't help but smile.
"What?" She playfully rolled her eyes.
"What were you like? What did you do?" I shrugged, now sitting up to face her.
"I.. I played guitar." I muttered. She giggled to herself, shaking her head.
"Yeah, but.. what else?" I shrugged again.
"That's pretty much it."
"Really?" She asked. I nodded.

"There's no way that's all you did." She laughed. I sighed, running my fingers through my hair, searching my brain for something, just to keep the conversation going. The last thing I wanted her to think was that I was boring. I'm sure she met interesting people every day. If she knew how.. simple I really was.. maybe she wouldn't be interested in me anymore.