Chapter 27 - Edited

The Silver Light Pack was in disarray.

They were all panicking, especially the packs Alpha and Luna. They wondered if they could lead them through this war or if they would be too focused on their daughter and what they all did to her.

Hamish walked into the kitchen where some of the wolves hung around carrying huge plates of food. They ate quickly so that they could get back on patrol. Since Ava and Artemia had left, the power protecting the outer boarders was in danger of collapsing.

The witches had been run ragged. They had all been ordered to sleep for the next twelve hours and eat as much as they could to get their energy back.

Yet, everyone was in awe about the transformation Ava and Artemis had. Who knew werewolves could become separate beings.

It worried some in the pack and the Elite pack had kept their heads down since then, discussing the repercussions of what had taken place. What would happen to the packs now that werewolves could now separate. It was unheard of.

Hamish wondered if the Elite Alpha would hunt her down since Ava was now an oddity. The packs liked to keep everything in neat rows and lines. Nothing out of place, the same for the centuries they lived here. 

Damon looked like he was going to be sick. He had felt an attraction to Ava as a werewolf but now she outranked him. She was falling into Goddess territory now. If his research was correct, Ava and Artemia would either help or hinder the outcome of the war. It would come down to how they were treated.

The darkness had overcome them quite quickly, without anyone noticing. Packs, mates and wolves argued and fought with one another before the fear and hatred overflowed, causing the Silver Light Pack to expel Ava.

Hamish knew that whoever was behind the darkness, that this is what they wanted. They wanted to separate "hope" from the pack.

They succeeded.

Hamish took one last look at the wolves around him before he walked out the front door. He didn't know what he was gong to do, but he had to do something. He wasn't going to find the answers here. He left a note on Alpha Dom's desk and climbed into the car that was waiting for him.

He turned on the ignition and the car revved for a moment before he put it into gear and sped off down the drive.

He was heading to Greece. There were beings there that could help. Even if they tried to kill him because of his and his packs young stupidity, they needed help. Right now he wasn't so proud to acknowledge that fact.

Hamish started to feel the power start to drain on the grounds as Ava and Artemia's lack of presence was starting to be felt. No one realised until it was too late how much they both actually did.

They were all wrong. He knew that.

As Hamish drove down the street and away from the pack. He thought about what would've of happened if he had just claimed her. Would this all be happening right now? He couldn't tell and he couldn't get rid of the guilt that was churning inside. Maybe if they had made different choices they wouldn't be in this situation now.

Hamish hoped that wherever Ava and Artemia were right now that they were being better treated than how her pack had treated her.

He sped the car down the road until he reached the highway. Taking the exit to the airport, he slowed down his speed and started practicing how to eat crow.

The ancients would know what to do.

He asked the Moon Goddess for a little help in communicating his packs downfall.

Whatever happened it couldn't be worse than waking up to the chaos they suddenly were facing. 

*****

The ancient werewolves woke to the sound of a mournful cry. A female wolf had laboured through the night to deliver her baby. The first newly born ancient wolf in over a thousand years.

Edmund walked around to see where his sister lay spent on the bed; having laboured with Mother Nature for more than thirty-six hours. Her husband by her side holding a small baby in his arms.

They were to have triplets, as threes were a number most prominent in his family. But he only counted two babies. The one in his brother-in-laws and the one in his sisters arms, were both happy and healthy. He watched as three werewolves in hospital scrubs were bent over the third baby, whispering hurriedly as they tried to fix something with the babe.

His sister looked at him in concern. Edmunds younger brother, Darcy, and triplet to him and his sister, Rosalind, looked with inquiring eyes at the babe. All three held their breath as they waited for the outcome.

"What's happening?" Edmund asked, his voice coming out like gravel.

The OB-gyn looked over her shoulder. Her eyebrows had furrowed together creating a line between her expertly plucked eyebrows.

"He...the baby...doesn't seem to be breathing."

The OB-gyn went back to her work trying everything to clear the airway. Checking the baby over and over. Performing CPR they waited, working on the baby for as long as possible.

The baby stopped responding until the last bit of light faded away.

The OB-gyn turned around with forlorn eyes.

"I'm so sorry. I don't know what happened. But the baby...he didn't make it."

Edmund watched on in stunned silence as his sister started to sob uncontrollably; her whole body shaking with grief. Her mate was not much better, but he tucked the baby he was holding closer to him.

Edmund growled low under his breath. Something wasn't right.

He turned quickly away from his family and went to find out what in the world was going on. Because this never happened. In all his family lineage, a death of child at birth never happened. A death like this was a warning. Something so pure didn't just die for no good reason.

He transformed quickly, his brother behind him. They were both the size of a semi-trailer. They connected to each other and then to their parents who howled their grief through they private link.

An image of Ava came through his mind from his brother.

Maybe it has something to do with her. Something has gone wrong and it's changed things.

Edmund growled again. He hoped not. If that was the case then the world and not just in the Silver Light Pack, would be in grave danger.

😘

Copyright © All Rights Reserved 2020 for NeoNixButterfly21/Christine