Forgotten Birthday

Taehyung woke up feeling excited.

Of course he's excited, it's his birthday and he can't wait to spend his birthday with the most important person in his life.

They haven't been interacting much because of how busy the both of them are.

CEO of the Kim Company, Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook who's CEO of the Jeon Corps.

Almost all their time is occupied by work.

They aren't husbands as you might think, they are still boyfriends.
They've been together for 5 years. They met during work.

And no, it's not an arranged marriage blah blah blah.

They just liked each other and tried dating. They didn't really think they'd last for 5 years.

Taehyung didn't think he'd fall so hard for Jungkook.

But their relationship isn't really cute or full of fluff. They aren't too sweet, just the right amount of sweetness here and there.

You can say that their relationship is a bit mature, not in the sexual way.
They do have sex sometimes but not the kind of sex where you'd think they are addicted. Just when they feel like it.

Taehyung smiled with closed eyes. He turned to his side to hug Jungkook.

But as y'all expected, there's no one besides Taehyung.

He frowned.
'Maybe Jungkook woke up earlier than ne and went downstairs to make breakfast
He couldn't have gone to work, right?'

Anxiety filled him but he tried to think positive.

He got up and went downstairs slowly. He didn't know what to expect.

He dreaded the note on the counter.

Taehyung looked down, he smiled sadly.

He picked up the sticky note.

'Mornin, sorry I went out earlier than usual. There was an important meeting'

Every morning, Jungkook would leave those sticky notes for Taehyung to read.

You might think it's sweet but what's written on the notes is always just about jungkook's work.

No I love yous or anything.

If there's a 'take care' written, Taehyung doesn't even know if it's genuine or just empty words written because Jungkook should because they are boyfriends.

In the five years they've been dating, they haven't said the L word to each other even once.

Do they even love each other?

Taehyung does love Jungkook but he hasn't said it to Jungkook because he doesn't know if Jungkook loves him back or not.

He's scared.

'Does he even know it's my birthday?' taehyung asked himself.

Taehyung went back to their room and got ready for work.

He scheduled for this day to be his day off but he doesn't feel like celebrating his birthday anymore.

He went to work and worked.

While he was at work, he got messages of happy birthday from his friends and family.

He was hoping that Jungkook was one of them but he was disappointed again.

It's either Jungkook forgot or simply didn't care enough.

Time passed by.

Today is Taehyung's birthday but it isn't anything special since no one really made his day special.