08

My darling, all I want to be is your moon. The little star that will brighten your heart. Would it be okay to hold you inside my eyes even after opening them?

Seiji noticed the sketches were becoming few and far in between. And the notes getting more intense.

She re-read all the past notes, before stopping at her current note. Something clicked inside her. She realized the person refers to himself as moon. The word in the front page... and this note, it made sense now. And the fact that no one was really supposed to read it. Especially her.

Seiji thought about the moon. It had always been her safe place. She felt something inexplicable in words when she saw it. As a child, she thought the moon followed her wherever she went. Her father said that since she is so beautiful, the moon doesn't want to lose her sight for even a moment. She would always giggle at that.

Years later, nothing has changed. The moon still follows her. It was the only thing that stayed while everyone else left. Even her dad. 

She still felt beautiful when she looked at the moon during lonely nights. And serene. Peaceful. And loved. Like she really had someone loving her so much, unconditionally. 

With the right person, it feels simple. Even if it's so damn complicated, it feels simple. Because you never question if it's worth it. You know the answer without even thinking about it. It's always a yes. That's what I feel about you, Seiji.