Chapter Four

______

______

'Please! please! please!' Salma pleaded with Olivia. A woman in her early 50s who happened to be an expert on traditional dishes and her mother's business partner. She is also considered to be their family friend so she is the first person Salma ran to for help.

'You'll pay me'

'Insha Allah' she beamed and kept her phone aside after Olivia hung up the call. She stretched her back then proceeded to grab a book to cancel 'Traditional food, Untensils and labour from her list. She kept the book and decided to shower then watch a movie.

Half way through the movie her mind drifted to the events that are most likely to happen the next day at Adam and Safiyya's family house. Her eyes moved to a huge poster her sister plastered on the wall in their room and Tom Hanks' smiley face stared right back at her.

'Relax, chill it's not that big of a deal' she breathed and shrugged. A furry little creature brushed its head on her leg then meowed to get her attention. Mr cuddles jumped on the bed close to her and placed half of it's body on her lap. He laid and stared at the TV screen, like he was watching the film too.

She rubbed it's fluffy body and it purred. 'I should stop doubting my abilities, I can do this on my own right Mr Cuddles?'

He meowed.

Hadiza knocked on the door that was already opened, then came to sit on the bed close to her sister. She had a serious look on her face and many thoughts had already started creeping into Salma's mind. Hadiza shook her head and lowered her gaze, a grim look still on her face.

Salma had to ask what was the problem but she was quiet. After three more attempts to make her open up, she said 'Indomie ya Kare (we're out of noodles)

For a few seconds, Salma was too shocked to move a muscle but eventually threw a pillow at her sister whom laughed and rushed out of the room. She mumbled incoherent words under her breath then hissed at the fact that she missed a few minutes of the movie she was watching. Thinking that what her sister had in mind was something very serious.

_______________

Her alarm clock blared at exactly 7:30 in the morning. She groaned and sank deeper into her blanket then snored but opened her eyes. As much as she hated to wake up, she reminded herself why she needed to by beginning to list the reasons to herself.

1. The money she's going to make by serving a rich family. She might as well sponsor her education in Sudan (Ridiculously Impossible).

2. If she fails to do so, she will live a couple of more years riding her old Honda and also managing her Samsung 2012 model. And most terrifyingly, stay at home for another whole year.