Silent treatment

Warning: the silent treatment, manipulation

You looked up at Severus who stood above you, a large frown on his face and his arms crossed. You were crumpled against a wall, your knees tucked to your chest. Severus was angry, you had tried to leave without Severus, no matter your reasons, you were not allowed to leave without him.

"I just wanted some fresh air and go for a walk" you whimpered, looking up at the dark-haired man who stared at you, he looked ineffable as he stood above you.

"With a bag?" Severus asked.

You nodded meekly as Severus' frown grew further. "Do you dislike me so much that you do not care what I ask of you to keep you safe?" Severus said blankly. You shook your head, looking down at the stone flooring. "You should have told me you wished to"

"I am sorry" you whispered, not looking up at Severus and seeing his annoyed face.

Severus did not answer, walking away from you and sitting in his usual chair. You slowly got up and sat on a sofa without a word, your heart beating slightly in worry that you hurt Severus. He sat in silence, he was giving you the silent treatment, something which he usually did when he was annoyed at you.

"Do you want some tea?" you asked, breaking the deathly silence which had been surrounding you both.

Severus did not reply, not even looking up at you, it was like he did not hear you say it.

"I'm sorry" you murmured again, "Please, talk to me"

Severus' eyes left the newspaper and looked at you, his dark eyes bore into you, before looking back down again. You closed your eyes, leaning against the sofa and trying not to feel guilty as Severus kept quiet, the rustle of the newspaper being the only sound to fill the room.

You did not know how long you had been sitting with Severus, however, you knew it was late, the light of the sun which shone through the window becoming no more. Severus was at the end of his newspaper, reading the last column before placing it down and uncrossing his legs.

"I will make tea" he said, breaking the long silence. You looked up at Severus, a small smile forming on your face as you watched him walk into the kitchen and return with a drink, placing it in his hands. He gently kissed your temple, before withdrawing and sitting beside you with his own drink.

"Tomorrow we may go for a walk" Severus said. You nodded, leaning against Severus and the couch. "You do understand I want to make sure you are safe" Severus said. "I do not want to see you in danger and by yourself without me"

You nodded slightly, closing your eyes and holding the cup close to you. The silence that fell between you was not what you had gone through before. This silence was a comfortable one, with Severus, being close to you and the silence not being as a punishment. You hated the fact that Severus wouldn't let you out without him, however, you accepted it, he was trying to look after you after all.