The Sick Rose

Based of a poem by William Blake called the sick rose:

"O Rose thou art sick,The invisible wormThat flies in the night,In the howling storm,Has found out thy bedOf crimson joy:And his dark secret loveDoes thy life destroy."

You had met your partner Severus Snape at a young age, being neighbours in Cokeworth and going to school together until one day around your 11th birthday he disappeared. Severus returned at around 20 years old to his family home  and over the years you slowly reconnected although now Severus was much more guarded than he used to be. It took a year for you to even invite him for tea and it took three years for you to muster up the courage to ask him out for a proper date. To the question he first refused in his usual sneering tone, however, when you where about to leave, tears welling in your eyes at his response he changed his mind, agreeing to your question.

The year with Severus had been fast moving, juxtaposing the slow reconnection. You had become inseparable, spending day upon day in each other's company in your small home. However, Severus would disappear for days, not giving an answer to your questions which frustrated you to no end, he was always a mystery. 

It had been another few days which Severus had once again disappeared without a trace, it annoyed you that he kept leaving without even a word or explanation. You sighed, pressing the power on button to the kettle, you had started to feel ill, hoping the warmth of a hot drink would fill you up slightly. It didn't and you spent the night awake, shivering yet sweating in your blankets. 

A knock on the door took you from your trance and slowly you rose from your bed, wrapped in your blankets and feeling like a sliding ice block. Opening the door you blinked in the sunlight, your eyes slowly focusing Severus who stood in the doorway. His face twitched in confusion at you and he slowly pushed you back into the hallway and closing the door behind him. 

"Why are you in such a state?" he asked in a concerned voice

You sniffed "Very cold" you stated, your eyes slowly blinking

Severus frowned, pressing his surprisingly warm hand to your forehead and frowning. "Maybe it is best if I take you to mind" he said, punting you out of your house, into the street and into next doors. It was the first time you had entered into his place, it was dark but you had no time to take in your soroundings, being firmly guided by Severus up the stairs and into a room which had a large bed which was all you wanted to be. You flopped in, the comfy mattress taking you and immediately closing your eyes. You heard Severus mess around with something beside you and after a little while a hand went to your head.

"Don't sleep yet" Severus said, "I have something for you to take

"I already took some paracetamol" you mumbled into the mattress, not wishing to move

"It will help better than paracetamol" he said, guiding you to sit up and placing a little spoon to your lips. You opened and he placed it into your mouth

"It tastes bad" you complained

"Just swallow it (y/n)" Severus said in a serious tone

"What are you worried about me or something" you tease tiredly, the spoon still sticking out your mouth

"Of course" Severus said, taking it out and placing it on the side. "Now sleep"

"But I want to spend time with you" you slurred, suddenly feeling tired "You have been gone forever"

Severus sighed a little sigh, "Just a few days" he said "I had to deal with a few things"

"Like what???" you ask in a teasing tone, rolling around a little