CHAPTER | 33

He got home and greeted his mother who was still cooking the smell of it was escaping from the kitchen. He went to shower and by the time he got out her already heard voices coming from the livingroom, He sighed and walked out to see them sitting down with the heiress and drinking tea, the tea that his mother only servered to "important" guest. It was expensive and his father only purchased it once a year. They were drinking from the fancy tea set too.

The girl was wearing her hair half up in braids and the rest laid flat on her back. She was wearing a dress that was appropriate for the small gathering.

"Oh, Kei, just in time!" His mother smiled. "Emiko just arrived and look she brought dessert."

"Your brother told me you liked strawberry shortcake." The girl smiled.

"Thank you." Kei said and smiled. "And welcome to our home."

The four sat down and ate dinner speaking about the little things, his mother was being nice to the girl but that's just how she was, his father was basically sucking up so he could get the partnership and Kei was ignoring them as much as he could.

"So are you staying alone?" His mother asked.

"Yes, a small motel on the other side of town but I'll be moving to a rental soon."

"Alone?" Mr. Tsukishima asked. "I understand your mother is still in the states but couldn't she have gotten you and more stable living arrangements?"

The girl rubbed her neck. "I don't mind it since most of the time I'm at school and then I have lessons to go to so I'm rarely ever home."

"Right, you're going to Karasuno too. Well I hope you and Kei are getting along." His mother spoke.

"Well we're in different classrooms but I suppose we are." The girl replied smiling weakly. "But Kei spends most of his time with Sugawara, I'm in her class."

To this the boy looked up, all eyes on him. "That's right! How is Yuri?"

"Great." He simply replied.

"Does she get jealous?"

What kind of question is that? Kei looked at his father. "I'm not sure, I've never given her a reason to not trust me."

"Good, she seems like a nice girl." His mother smiled.

Kei spoke highly about the girl and even cracked in a smile, soon enough dinner was over and Kei offered to go with the girl to make sure she was okay.

"Thank you for the dinner." The girl bowed and followed Kei to the car, he held the door open for her and got in after. "You didn't have to come."

"I did."

The girl rolled her eyes. "So all of you being nice is a front for your parents?"
He didn't answer. "You're pretty mean to your girlfriend by what your mom has mentioned."

"Personal." She glared at him and crossed her arms. "We're business partners, not friends."

"Clearly it's neither. You're nothing but a child trying to play grown up." Her entire attitude changed.

She was never seen as heir material to the boy, at least not when he first met her. What kind of heir gets lost and looks like a child, she acted clueless. But here it was the demeaning boss that was up to own everything her family worked so hard for.

"So you also lied—"

"No, don't get it twisted." The girl spoke. "I'm nice, but I'm not stupid or naïve. See I play by the rules of treat others how they treat you, I was also taught to play the part that would get me respect and get people to like me."
Kei tried to hide his confusion. "For instance you. A teenage boy, I'm not going to start off talking about politics and numbers as you can see it worked more on your brother. For your father and mother at home I can play the grateful school girl which is what I am, if I'm being honest, I'm not into the pretentiousness that is expected of me.
But when it comes to ceo's and partners I know my place and make sure they know theirs." She smirked, a dark look in her eyes.