33: tease

Feeling the slight effects of a hangover, I pushed through the feeling breathing in the fresh air as I walked towards the Cameron family estate with a smile toying on my lips.

Despite the heartbreak and the pain I'd been through over the past few days, I tried not to let the situation get the better of me. I missed my friends dearly but I was trying to stay positive because if I didn't I knew I would start spiraling downwards towards depression and opt for my old habits. 

I'd rather not think about the fact that even my best friend dropped me at the drop of a hat, because realistically I doubted even my own parents loved me at this stage. I heard my father was back on the main island staying with his mistress and my mother and I actually had a conversation...a fleeting conversation this morning that lasted less than a minute.

If my own parents, who are genetically predisposed to love me...couldn't, how could my friends? how could anyone else?

I shook away my thoughts as my phone dinged right as I was walking up to the front door. I grabbed my phone from the back pocket of my denim shorts reading Topper's text message. He was the reason why I was standing at Rafe's house in the first place, he demanded I came over and left no room for objections. His text informed me they were in the garage instead of the house so that's exactly where I went.

Before even entering the room I heard their music blasting and I had a strong feeling I was about to step into a testosterone-filled room.

That's exactly what I walked into, the smell of sweat instantly rose to my nostrils as my face scrunched up in disgust. I looked around seeing Kelce and Topper on some sorts of workout machines I wasn't exactly sure what they did or how they worked because exercise and Willow weren't words that mixed well together.

But what really caught my attention was Rafe's doing pull-ups on a black metal bar, my eyes were glued to his biceps and shoulders pulling himself up but then my eyes trailed to his exposed stomach with his abs on full display.

"Hey Willow!" Kelce smiled the second I walked into the room.

"Sup Wills" Topper greeted as I smiled.

"Hey boys" I moved further into the room and closer to where Rafe was working out with a stoic look on his face. "So uh why was my presence demanded here?"

Topper dropped the weights from his grips and walked over to me leaning into my body, "Rafe's pissed figured you'd cheer him up" Topper whispered quietly to me.

"Wha-why me?" I whispered back thankful the music was loud enough to where our conversation wouldn't be exposed to the boy we were talking about. Topper shrugged his shoulders not giving me a response and moved back to the machine he was previously at.

"Well this is boring" I groaned crossing my arms over my chest as I looked around the room seeing Rafe drop his body from the bar he was hanging off and move grabbing his drink bottle. It was like no matter what he did he was extremely attractive, even the simple act of drinking water and I was practically drooling at the sight. I needed to pull myself together and ignore my sexual frustration.

I tried to not make it look obvious as I stared at him placing the water bottle down and walk over to where I was standing, he slid in front of my body smirking, "Hey" he said raising his eyebrows and leaning closer to my body.

"Ew get away from me" I complained raising my hands up to my chest with a serious look. His face dropped completed as he narrowed his eyes in anger.

"What?" He spat out as I quickly tried to defuse the situation.