Chapter 6🍫

Slowly Sasuke opened his eyes. He ran his hands down his face and groaned before focusing on the clock placed on the wall opposite his bed.

He was startled to see it was almost 10 a.m, he never sleeps in that long. Tiredly he got out of bed and went to the bathroom to freshen up before journeying downstairs.

A feeling of nostalgia hit him as he descended the stairs. The entire downstairs was enveloped in the smell of cinnamon. It smells just as the kitchen in Konoha did in the past.

He would walk in excited because the aroma filled the whole house and he would know she was making his favorite. He would sit at the table and his mother bring over the plates of food and they'd sit and talk, just the two of them as his father and brother were busy.

A warm hand touched his face and he leaned into it subconsciously, the hand caressed his cheek slowly before the owner of the hand spoke.

"Sasuke-kun," Sakura said softly snapping him out of his reminiscing. He jumped away from her as if she had burned him "are you okay," she doesn't get an answer.

"Well, I made breakfast, come eat," she gestured to the dining room. He did as he was told and sat down, his gaze flickered to Sarada's chair so quickly no one would notice but of course Sakura did and answered his unasked question.

"She was called to the Hokage's office, a mission. Shell be back in the evening."

"Hn," he grunted before he started eating.

I have to go to work, so you'll be here alone till Sarada gets back, if you'd like to see your team, they're at XXXX hotel," she concluded before removing her apron.

She stopped beside him, causing Sasuke to look up at her. He grew rigid when she stooped down and wrapped her arms around his shoulders. He knew he should have pushed her away but he couldn't, it was......nice.

Sakura released him and got up, giving him a wide smile before heading out. As soon as he heard the click of the door he broke down. He hates this.

He hates how being around Sarada and Sakura made him feel.

He hates how well Sakura could read him.

He hates that he doesn't know anything.

He hates how his future makes him so happy.

He hates the situation he's stuck in.

He hates that the bonds and emotions he worked so hard to sever are overwhelming him.

His breathing was now coming out in pants, he shot up from the chair and ran and ran until he was out of Konoha, where he could finally breathe.

<><><><><>

After catching his breath, he hesitantly prepared to re-enter the leaf village but he saw movement in his peripheral vision and placed a hand on the hilt of his katana.

He dropped his guard slightly when he saw a small monkey, looking haggard and beat up. The monkey cane to halt before him, its breathing labored.

"Sasuke-sama, team 7 has been taken captive, we must inform the Hokage." Upon hearing that Sasuke's heart seemed to stop, that was Sarada's team. He was about to go off in the direction but the monkey's voice called out to him.

"You can't go by yourself, we need to tell Lord Seventh and Sakura-san,"

Sasuke's teeth clench because he knew the little creature was right. He turned on his heel and ran, jumping from roof to roof the need to get Sarada weighing on him.

He didn't know why but he wouldn't be able to forgive himself if something happened to her.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°