Chapter 7

Aadhira looks at him expecting his answer, he doesn't say anything for the next 10 minutes. She sighs and looks at him "Think about it and let me know your decision Karthik.. it's okay you would need time to think.. I'm not asking your decision now itself".

She gets up from her chair and goes inside the kitchen while her co-chef Arjun looks at her "Hey how did it go", she sighs "I don't know Arjun.. I hope he agrees.. all I can do is hope.. nothing more". He smiles and puts his arm around her side hugging her "It's okay babe.. he will come around.. now smile.. come I have made something for you..". He hands over her chocolate pudding to her "Arjun Yaar.. you are the best.. I love you.. you know me so well"

Karthik was about to enter the kitchen when he hears her saying 'I love you'. His heart felt a sting hearing that from her for someone else, It hurts you even now when you see her with someone else doesn't it.. especially her saying 'I love you'.. no it doesn't.. she is no one to me.. No one!!.. nobody!!.. She is a closed chapter that I don't want to open again..

He goes out of the shop closing the door behind him with a 'ding'. She rushes out as soon as she hears the 'ding' sound to see if he left, she sighs sadly seeing that he didn't even think of informing her before leaving. Arjun also comes out after her with the chocolate pudding that she had left in the kitchen as soon as she heard the sound of door opening.

He looks at her "It's okay Aadhu.. maybe he is still trying to process everything.. he will come around.. don't loose the hope you have". She nods and gives him a small smile, he looks at her "Babe come on yaar.. smile na.. give me the famous Aadhu's day brightening smile". Her smile widens "Happy", he chuckles "Yeah.. and here is your stress reducing agent.. eat it". She smiles and takes her chocolate pudding from her and eats it.

Karthik was on his way back to Reddy Nivas in his car, he passes by the park where they used to play on his way back. His legs hits the brakes as soon as he sees the park, he parks his car and gets out of the car. He walks towards the swing where she used to sit and he used to push her swing.

A small smile plays on his lips as he hears her baby giggles once again, his legs take him towards the seesaw where she and he used to sit down and their parents used to make them move up and down in it. He goes near the bushes filled with flowers, where she used bring flowers for him.

He chuckles remembering all the times they used to play hide and seek, she would always do some or the other drama to make him come out of his hiding spot whenever she couldn't find him. Her baby giggles and the sound of her squeaky shoes echoes in his ears. A bright smile spreads on his lips remembering those childhood days "such a drama queen she was".

Just then some other thoughts also enter his mind and his smile disappears. He wanted to mentally slap himself for what he is doing, such an idiot I am.. why am I even here.. I don't need these memories.. that's why I buried them away yet they managed to resurface.. I should leave from here.. it's all because of this place.

He leaves from the park and drives back to Reddy Nivas. The whole way he keeps trying to push away those memories that had suddenly started creeping into his mind ever since his meet with Aadhira in her shop.

He runs to his room as soon as he reaches home, he locks the door so no one can enter inside. He takes out his clothes and goes to have a shower so that he can wash away those memories again.

Why.. why are these thoughts coming in again.. I don't need them.. she is no one.. I blabbered some nonsense when I was a child and they took it seriously.. didn't you take it seriously once upon a time.. No!!.. that was my stupidity.. I was still behaving like a child even then.. that was my mistake..