𝘵𝘸𝘰

Listen to 'The Sweetest Taboo' by Sade
(Song above )

𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟗𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟕 || 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

Bubble baths were always pointless to me.

In retrospect, you're sitting in your own filth while being surrounded by surfactant foam. However, today I decided to take one while humbly sipping on one of my favored German wines, Black Tower all while the sweet aroma of my spring candles burned. The pungent taste reminded me of the bitterness of the fresh marmalade sandwiches my mother and father used to prepare for me during my weary elementary days in France. The bitterness now reminded me of something new; or should I say someone.

Michael Jackson.

The artist of the decade so casually stumbling into my life with little to no regard. His social status wasn't something that peaked my interest in the slightest; no celebrity did. Sure, I would consider myself to enjoy his music being that it wasn't bad. It was quite tasteful to be honest. But him discovering what I look like; that was bitter.

The way the media portrayed him to be always made me raise a brow. Recently, people have been buzzing about the noticeable change within his skin color. Media outlets have claimed the pop star bleached his chocolate skin in order to appeal to the white masses but of course, that was false. Even though he has yet to address said rumors, I know for certain the man has vitiligo. The only reason I know of this invasive skin disorder is because my mother has it.

My good for nothing mother...

"Hot 34.5 F.M.," the voice of an obnoxious radio host echoed from my Panasonic radio. "Kickin' it allll the way back to '85, here's Sade with The Sweetest Taboo."

I placed my wine down onto the ledge of my bathtub and slowly sunk down into the foamy solution, my nose just above the water's surface. The soothing voice of Sade graced my ears as I hummed along sweetly. I played around with the bubbly substances for a few moments until I noticed the pads of my fingertips pruning.

After a few moments, I raised from the water and reached over for a towel to wrap around me. I tightly tucked the corner of it, ensuring that it wouldn't fall down. Suddenly, the sound of my house phone alerted me. I raised a brow, knowing for certain that it could be Gus being that only him and Mrs. Russel have my contact information.

"Talk to me," I asserted.

"Pandora, my love."

"Oh no Gus, don't even-"