𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟐𝐧𝐝, 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟖 || 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤 - 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧

𝐘𝐨𝐫𝐤 - 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

"Knock knock," Karen slightly giggled before entering my dressing room. "You know, you sweat an awful lot."

Rehearsals have been even more agonizing due to Frank's indecisiveness on our current setlist. He recommended to cut a few songs and to add a few more from BAD, which I had no issue with. However with changes being made so close to the performance date, I could confidently say I was at my wits end.

"It's all from hard work," I grinned while motioning her to come closer. "I just need a small touch up, nothing too drastic."

"It's getting worse," Karen blurted brazenly. "I can cover it all with no problem but what happens when-"

"Karen please," I quietly snapped, her mouth shutting the instant I banged my hand against the wooden desk it rested on. "J-Just touch it up for me."

"You got it," she slightly nodded before sitting in a chair to face me. She laid out a few makeup brushes and sat them on the desk and took out a tube of foundation that was tinted too many shades lighter than my original skin tone.

Covering the uneven blotches of my skin became more of a hassle each day. The vitiligo has become so uncontrollable that it's completely covering my chest and now conquering over my face, neck, and arms. I was always self conscious about my skin disorder and no matter how comfortable I am with Karen, I still feel uneasy being in such an exposed setting with her.

"So," Karen's voice removed me from my inner thoughts. "Talk to me. Any updates?"

"On?"

"You, your life, your family," she listed. "Anything really, I don't want to just sit here in silence while I do your makeup."

"Let's see..." I trailed off before thinking of a topic. "I recently became a big fan of marmalade."

"Marmalade?" Karen snorted before carefully applying foundation to my cheek. "What compelled you to even try that god awful stuff."

"Ophelia. She always eats it even though she's not a big fan of it herself. She eats it because it reminds her of home."

"Ah," Karen whispered before slowly moving the foundation brush up to my forehead. "France, right?"