Chapter 11

Alison woke up with a groan. Her head was pounding slightly. It was half-past six. After lying there for some time, she finally stood slowly and headed to the bathroom. She looked up and was taken aback by what she saw in the mirror. Her face was pale and dull and there were dark circles under her eyes, the courtesy of crying a lot last night and sleeping only for a few hours.

She stripped off her clothes and stood under the shower. Her tense body relaxed as the warm droplets of water massaged her tired body. Images of crying twins were flashing in front of her eyes, filling her with both sadness and confusion. What had happened in their past that caused them to see such dreadful nightmares?

Not finding an answer, she quickly washed and rinsed her hair and body and wrapped a towel around her body, and brushed her teeth. She then walked into her closet and chose a floral long sleeve blouse and skinny light blue jeans.

Not wanting to look like a ghost on the second day of school, she blow-dried her hair and pulled them into a loose ponytail. She then applied a bit of concealer under her eyes and successfully hid the bags under them. After applying a bit of nude lipstick and a bit of her perfume, she grabbed her bag and left her room.

Her feet take her to the twins' room and she silently opened the door. Her eyes softened at seeing the twins cuddled to each side of her mother and the three of them were soundly asleep. She smiled and watched them for a few minutes before turning and closing the door behind her soundlessly and she then went downstairs.

She walked into the kitchen and was surprised to see Ben sitting there behind the table. "Hi, Ben." she greeted as she walked to the kitchen to find something to eat.

Ben looked up and smiled widely which faltered when he saw her tired eyes. "Good morning, sunshine." he said cheerfully. "You had a tough night too I guess."

Alison grabbed an apple and sat beside him. "You have no idea." she grumbled and Ben chuckled and patted her back. Suddenly an idea popped into her mind. Ben was a close and old friend of the King family. He should surely know what has happened to the twins.

"Ben!" she called and Ben hummed in response as he took a sip from his cup of coffee. "Do you know why James and Jordan see bad nightmares?"

Ben looked at her shocked and didn't say anything for a moment. He then sighed and shook his head sadly. "It's a long story, Al." he said giving her the same answer as Rich. The topic must have been hard for them to talk about, but Alison should have known to be able to help her favorite brothers if needed.

Another idea popped into Alison's head. "Well, if you take me to school we will have lots of time in the car and you can tell me the story." she offered with a Cheshire smile.

Ben threw his head back and laughed wholeheartedly. "You're good at negotiation for sure." He said and then pushed his chair back and stood while grabbing his keys from the table. "Come on then. Let's go." he said and gestured for Alison to follow him.

Alison grinned and quickly stood and picked her bag from the floor, feeling good that she was not forced to go with Xander to school.

"I take Alison to school. Inform Mason." said Ben sternly once outside to one of the guards next to the front door who nodded. He then guided Alison to a beautiful silver Astone Martin parked in front of the stairs. He laughed at her who was looking at the car with awe with her mouth slightly open. "Beautiful, isn't it?" he smirked and Alison nodded. "Okay, enough of drooling. Hop in."

Alison sat in the luxurious car as did Ben and soon he ignite the car's engine. The car roared beautifully and soon Ben pulled into the road. When they get out of the gates, Alison turned to Ben slightly. "Well?" she asked while raising an eyebrow.