Chapter 42

Alison sighed and massaged her forehead. She had a bad headache. She was sitting on Alex's bed. He had given her some of his clothes to wear. So she was in one of his shirts and sweatpants. She had rolled the sweatpants legs and had tightened its strings to the last point to make it her size.

Alex walked in with a tray of food. A plate and a glass of water was in the tray. He smirked when his eyes fell on her. "You look good in my clothes. I love this." he said mischievously and closed the door with his feet and walked in.

 Alison rolled her eyes but then bit her lip and looked at Alex nervously. "Any news?" she asked.

Alex walked to her and put the tray beside her on the bed. "Nothing bad will happen, Alie." he sighed and sat on the other side of the tray. "Volkov is not that mindless to do something stupid tonight and ruin his reputation. Now eat something. You must be hungry. I prepared a chicken sandwich for you."

Alison looked down at the sandwich that was sliced in two pieces neatly. "You made this yourself?" she asked surprised.

"What?" asked Alex offended. "Someone, who uses guns can't be a good cook?"

"I didn't mean it." chuckled Alison. "You just don't look like someone who enjoys cooking."

"I don't enjoy cooking." groaned Alex but then smiled at her. "But for my love, I will do anything. Now eat. Then You can have a painkiller for your headache."

Alison's heart warmed up at his words and she smiled back. She picked both slices and held one for him. "Only if you eat as well." she said and then made a smug face. "I want to make sure you have not poisoned it."

Alex laughed under his breath and grabbed the piece of sandwich and they both began to eat. "How is your mother?" asked Alison.

Alex sighed. "Our family doctor sedated her so she can sleep." he said. "Her body will be fine, but it's her mind and soul that makes her sick."

Alison picked the tray and put it on the nightstand and sat next to Alex. She put her free hand on his back and draw circles on his back. "And how are you, Alex?" she asked concerned.

Alex smiled and kissed her lips tenderly. "I'm fine, now that you are here." he said. "Thank you."

Alison sighed and put her head on his shoulder. They both put the last piece of their sandwiches in their mouths and began to chew.

"I wish all of this ends soon." she said after swallowing. "I'm tired of seeing everyone hurt."

Alex used his hands and pulled her into his lap and plant a kiss on her forehead. "Something tells me that it will end soon." he said while running his hand through Alison's hair. "Volkov can't hide forever. We have found some leads that can take us to him."

Alison made a sound between purring and humming and Alex looked down at her and chuckled. "Come on, kitten." he said and stood up with her in his arms only to place her on the bed and pull the covers around her again. "Try to sleep. It was a long day."

Alison grabbed his hand quickly and looked at him with worry. "Don't leave me. Please." she pleaded.

Alex's heart melted at the sight of her doe eyes looking at him pleadingly. He nodded and slipped into bed next to her and pulled her to his chest and placed his head on top of hers. Alison inhaled in his scent and relaxed as his strong arm curled around her waist and soon, they both drifted into sleep.

They both jumped from their slumber by knocking at the door. "Alex!" they heard Simon's voice. "Alex, are you there?"

"Come in." groaned Alex and sat up.