Chapter 40

"Thank you all again and enjoy your night." said Mason stiffly and turned to Ben. "Go and see how the fuck he has entered." he growled lowly. Ben nodded and walked away.

Mason then walked down from the venue. His mother's and Harrison's face were in front of his eyes. His fists were clenched so tight that his knuckles had turned white. His eyes were fixed on Volkov who was talking with Spanish leaders. Albert whispered something to Tony and walked somewhere between the crowd quickly.

Mason felt a delicate small hand cover his fist, open it, and lace their fingers. He didn't need to look down to see who it was. Her fantastic scent hit his nostrils and calm him down a bit. 

"Calm down." whispered Bella. "Keep your cool face. You can't kill him here nor you can show him weakness. Everyone is watching you and expects you to act like a Capo." 

Mason gave her hand a tight squeeze and felt her rubbing his arm with her other hand soothingly. His breathing went back to normal after a moment and his emotionless mask was back. He then walked with Bella to mafia leaders who were waiting to congrats him.

Albert walked toward the West family quickly. Juliet had sat on a chair looking too pale. Mark's eyes were blazing with such anger that could burn the world to ashes in a matter of few seconds as he was staring at Volkov. Alex was shaking with anger while Alison had desperately grabbed his arm and was trying to calm him down by whispering things in his ear that Albert was sure Alex wasn't able to hear at all. How would you react when you see the killer of your son and brother?

Albert himself was fuming with anger. The anguish that he had gone through after the death of his wife had turned to pent-up anger that was burning him alive. But they couldn't kill Volkov tonight for the sake of gathering and break the law. He had sent Tony and Rich to send older twins and Hunter home. Albert knew very well how much they had suffered from the death of their mother and being the teenagers they were, might cause them to act irrationally.

"Mark! Juliet!" he said as he reached their table. 

"We can't kill him tonight, can we?" gritted Mark. His eyes were still fixed on Volkov but he was rubbing his wife's shoulder too.

"Believe me I want it more than any other thing." growled Albert and glared at Volkov who was talking and laughing with Spanish leaders with no care in the world. Albert looked back at Mark. "But we can't. Not here. I suggest you leave here. It's not good for you to stay. At least not for Juliet."

Mark looked down at Juliet. His heart clenched at the sight of his broken wife. Alison had one of her hands on Juliet's other shoulder. "We leave." said Mark and then stared at Albert. "But when we caught that bastard, I want to end his life myself."

Albert nodded firmly and then looked at a frantic Alison who was on the verge of crying. "Alison, you can go with them if you want." he said. "I will send someone later tonight to bring you home."

Alison nodded happily. She couldn't leave Alex like that and she didn't want to stay there any longer. Her whole body was shivering from fear and stress. Alex grabbed her hand as Mark helped Juliet to stand up and they all left silently.

*************************

Bella and Mason were dancing slowly with the slow music. Mason's body was tense and his gaze was fixed on Volkov who hadn't approached him yet. Ben had informed him that Volkov had arrived with Russians and the guards didn't dare to stop him in fear of fighting that would surely come if they had stopped the Russian leaders. 

Suddenly he felt Bella's hand on his cheek and looked down and his eyes softened. "Don't look at him." whispered Bella and caressed his clenched jaw. "He is here to get on your nerves. Don't give him what he wants. Just look at me."