CHAPTER 10

Hi my beautiful readers who made it this far; there'll be some frequent change of POV from on- the reason is mentioned in author's note. The POV will be mentioned on top of the chapter. Happy Reading!

Sharuk's POV:

We were joking about Alia and Shanaya, who left the tent to talk to their boyfriends. My stomach grumbled, reminding me that we've haven't had our dinner yet. I told Aditi and Aadhil to stay here and inform the lovebirds when they are back. I'm actually happy for both of them. But I'm also worried at the same time that they might get hurt in some way; I hope it doesn't happen. As I was about to head out when Aadhil smacked my head out of nowhere.

"Oh no. Big mistake."

We playfully caught head others' head in a headlock and tried to take the opponent down. It's just our way of boding. Is it weird? I don't know, maybe it is. But we don't care what others think.

"Come on guys, grow up!" Aditi said, enraged.

"Fine by me. Ask him to accept the Defeat!"

How dare he. I can take him down easily with my muscle power, but he's got an advantage of height.

"I won't."

"Guys, I'm hungry already. If you two are going to continue doing this, then I might leave you guys and get some food for myself."

Oops.

"Okay, I give up."

The only reason I gave up was because she was getting pissed by the second.

"I'll check on my dad, take a small stroll, and will get us some food. Okay?"

"Good."

I came out and took in the fresh smell of soil. Damn, I love this. All the years of waiting, being bashed by relatives for taking this career, constant doubt from everyone who asked 'Can you do it?', and all other forms of demotivation who didn't support me- everything is worth for this one moment. My life and I'm living it...

I greeted few people as I made my way to my dad's tent. I hoped he would've been busy with his work the entire day because, if ever he knew we went that far without even informing MR. Kai, then we are done for good.

I don't need to hear another day of lecture from him about how irresponsible I am when compared to other kids of my age. Why can't people understand that not everyone are the same? I bet the 'kids' he's referring to can't sit under the sun for almost an entire day and dig into the sand with a brush as small as a toothbrush.

My dad's tent was deserted. No sign of him at all. All his bags, laptop, machines, files, everything- gone. It's as if he was never there. What happened? Did he leaves us? I don't know what happened here, but whatever it is, he would never leave without saying goodbye to us. Or at least without informing us. I had to find Kai; he might know something. I searched the nearby tents to only see fellow interns or students, whatever. No sign of Kai either. What the hell is going on in here. That's when I heard a sound. More like a noise-the constant hum of the bees. It was getting louder with each second. Is something wrong with me? My head spun a little. I caught hold of a chair to my right and pulled it with every strength I had, as I was starting to lose balance as well. The ringing grew louder and sharper. I clutched my head in my hands and tried to do something. The noise made me want to pull my hair out and chock myself. I thought I was going to die when I heard someone call my name.

"Sharuk! Sharuk! WAKE UP !!!"

*SLAP*

"Sharuk!! What is happeninnggg!"

And that's when the ringing stopped-abruptly. My head was fine, and I didn't have the urge to do anything stupid. It was like I never had that episode and everything was just in my mind. Did I damage my head when I was fighting with Aadhil? Is he fine? I took deep breaths and sat down with sweat trickled down my face like someone sprayed water all over my head.