CHAPTER 20

✧• 20 •✧

Narrator's POV:

Meanwhile, in the Present-

The day all three disappeared was the most terrible day of their entire lifetime, for their team and for Mr. Zain. That morning, when Alia, Shanaya and Sharuk wandered off; Mr. Zain had a meeting with the Customs as one of their company's package was seized based on the doubt, whether it might contain illegal medications from Guatemala. But it was just another packaging that was in transit.

So, he had to fly all the way to Thailand to take care of this situation. It was hard for him to leave his son and all other kids in a foreign place when it was only their first time in here. But it needs to be done. The only person he trusted in here was Kai. They both have been best buddies ever since Kai took Zain baggage by mistake, as they looked similar. These both hit it off immediately when they met to exchange their luggages.

So he asked Kai to take care of the children as he took care of the other problem at hand. It was really difficult to convince Aayush and Saachi, Alia's parents and his best friends for almost more than a decade, now.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Zain. How are you?"

It was good to hear his voice even though we just met on their kid's graduation day. We've got a lot in common, that business, school friends' circle and also the likes and dislike. The only difference we had was that, he was a closed case and so I wished for him to take any opportunity that he gets, to grow himself into a better person with each day. He's not as broad minded as I might be. He's more of a reserved and conservative type, and it suits for him. I don't know why but he never spends much time with his family, he always seems to find excuses to work on something on the other. This affected Alia's mental health. She became depressed during her middle school when her father wouldn't allow her to go on school trips nor take her out by himself. That's when it started.

None of her family members seemed to notice it, except for her brother-Siddharth. I adore that boy; I don't know why, but I simply do. He seems to have been shaped perfectly despite having such parents who don't give attention to their kid and would only talk about businesses and other general topic, when in reality they should be having deep and meaningful conversations with each other. I don't know how Sidd managed to pull that off, but he topped the university when he studied in UAL, London.

"I'm good Aayush. I hope everything is fine with you as well."

"Absoletuly."

"Haha, very nice. So... I called you to ask something about Alia."

"Sure, what is it?"

"Since our kids have finished the PGD, I was thinking maybe they could go on a small internship or something-which might help them in the future."

"Yes, that seems like a great idea. I'll ask Saachi to talk about that with her."

See, this is the problem with this guy, he never talks about such matters with his girl. How are they supposed to have that father-daughter bondage if he doesn't talk with her directly?

"No, Aayush, you have to talk with her directly about this. Stop asking Saachi for everything that you have to do on your own."

"Zain, you know how touchy I'm about the bondage and attachment issues. I don't like to talk these kinds of things-even with my own daughter."

"If you are going to be like this with her, then don't be surprised if you lose her in the future. What's there to even talk about attachment issues Aayush- she's you own flesh and blood."