CHAPTER 17

✧• 17 •✧

Shanaya's POV:

I was really worried when I found about the mark on my back and hand. I didn't know they went up till my right shoulder. They looked just like another tattoo, if not for the dry cracks and flakiness of the skin layers.

Talking to Alia comforted me a bit, but then the words of the Giadros kept repeating on loop as I went to sleep that night. He said that; he hasn't seen something like this in his entire lifetime. The one thing that I'm thankful for is the book that might contain some information about them. I have to go to his place after punishing Visailis for what he did. These people don't value neither women who's low -born or people from low-born status. All they care about is the money and the means to please their ego with pleasure.

It reminded me about what Ajay said when I see these kinds of people.

'You don't need women to please you. You just need the right woman.'

Although he said that in a funny context, I think it makes really good sense.

I drifted off to sleep with his thought in my mind and had a dreamless sleep of the month.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I woke up to the sound of someone banging the door. The person on the other side seemed impatient and was throwing cuss words at me.

"Shanaya, wake up! Wake up ! Wake up ! OMG, why is she taking so long. Piece of-"

"I'm up!"

"OPEN THE DAMN DOOR!"

What is wrong with this guy? I think it's Sharuk, but why is he behaving like a jerk the very morning?

"WHAT!?"

"Keep her with you until I come back."

He shoved Anastasia inside my chamber and left without an explanation. He closed the door behind and was about to ask her what happened. But by the looks of it, I BET they were doing it in the kingdom.

"I'm so sorry for disturbing you. It was partly my fault that we ended up doing it in here."

"Oh, it's alright Ana. Take a deep breath. I understand and moreover, Sharuk is like my brother- so there's no bothering."

"Thank god. I was so worried when the guards heard us and were coming this way. I didn't want to be found. So he had to find a safe place where the guards wouldn't enter and someone who doesn't talk about me, behind me back."

"I understand. But what I don't understand is- what are you hiding from? Or maybe who?"

"My dad."

"Your dad? Does he work in here?"

"Yes, he's the chief for the king's or queen personal battalion."

"Wait a minute- wait a minute, is Nikolas the 'dad' you're talking about?"

She nodded and took a seat near the dressing table- or let's say a chair.

"WOW. But why? Does he oppose fooling around with the Queen's minister?"

"No, it's not that. I just don't want him to find out yet. He might ask Sharuk to marry me or persuade him into something of a sort. I just don't need that until and unless he asks me, himself."

"Yea, I underst-Wait, are you saying that you might say yes if he asks you to get married to him?"

"Yes." she said sheepishly.

Oh god this is messed up.

"I'm happy for you both."

With that said, I went to have my bath as she waited for him to come and get her. I didn't expect to see her as I came back, but there she was- still in the same place that I left her. I quickly covered myself before she could see me naked.

"Why don't you dress like the rest of us?"

"Like what?"

"You know- like this." She motioned to herself. Oh, she meant revealing breasts and figure hugging long dresses.

"It's different from the world we are from. In there we don't dress like this and so, we are not used to it."

"So, tell me more about the world you came from and is there some for you- like Sharuk is for me?"

"Yes...."

And the story went on and on. She really seems thrilled by the concept of love, especially our story.

"So, does Alia have someone she loves?"

"Yes, dear."

"Oh, what about Sharuk? Did he love someone back there? He told me that there were no women he loved before me. Is that true?"

What? What kind of story did he tell her. He hooked up with random girls during our first year of college. But I don't think he has loved anyone, though.

"Yea... I think you guys are made for each other."

"What?"

"Haha- it's nothing. Just something we used to say back then."

"Okay.."

I forgot about the mark that I've got and wrapped the towel over my breasts to keep them in place as I sat next to her.

"OMG- what happened to you?"

"Oh this? Honestly, I don't know either. I think it's some kind of allergy or something."

"Really? Because I saw something similar on Sharuk as well."

This comment interested me more and I full-on turned towards her.

"What are you saying?"

"Yes, it's like the same on his stomach but only lighter."

"Okay, let me ask him today."

"Sur-"

We heard a knock on the door.

"Ana, are you still alive in there?"

"Yess." she replied.

"Can I come in Shanaya?"

"Yes, just wait a minute."

I got the robe and pulled it over me for the time being.

"We'll talk about this later, ana. Cya later."

"Adios."

"Come in, pot head."

He swooped in and held her in his arms as they exchanged kisses. With a heavy sigh, I decided to get dressed for the long day ahead.

°⭒↠↞↠↞↠↞↠↞↠↞↞↠↞↠↞⭒°

Hope you enjoyed the chapter ❤️😅

Here's my Instagram 👇

If you want to check out my quotes page !

Follow me for more updates.

Don't forget to click the button down below 👇

And also- Comment and Follow for more!

Stay safe 💪

Have a wonderful day 🌼