↳ 3.04

three surprises

August 11th, 1994

DAISY'S MISSION TO keep young Mr

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

DAISY'S MISSION TO keep young Mr. DeVere happy throughout the week was a huge success, and Mr. Allen was thrilled by it. Vincent even asked for her number and promised to visit England again soon. Thus, as a reward, she was excused from any responsibility on the day of DeVere family's return. But she negotiated with her father and ended up having August 11th as her day off instead.

She didn't know why, but Mrs. Weasley particularly requested her presence at eight o'clock sharp, Thursday, August 11th, 1994.

She had just entered the horde of trees when her eyes caught a lanky figure hunched behind a mossy bark, and she called out, "Fred? Is that you?"

Fred just poked his head out wordlessly, grinning.

"Well, this is a surprise. I don't think you ever step foot outside your lawn in Summer, except for Quidditch practice."

"I do," Fred said, falling into her walking pace, "Think of how we first met."

"Technically, I was already in your lawn back then."

"Eh, I beg to differ. You haven't reached the clearing yet when you fell and bawled shamelessly. So I did step out."

"I was six! And I was probably two feet away from the clearing, so it doesn't count."

"Does, too."

"Does not."

"Does, too!"

Fred pushed a stray branch upwards and Daisy ducked underneath his outstretched arm.

"I thought I should pick you up, in case Mum's message didn't reach you," Fred said, "You haven't visit us in two weeks."

"I'm sorry. There was the matter of Father's business partner, Mr. DeVere, his son, and Father's happiness. I stayed in my best behavior these past weeks just so I can have a day out of his scrutiny today," Daisy hopped over a huge root, "I got Mrs. Weasley's message, alright. She didn't particularly hide the letter well, outside my window."

"We contemplated on a few other alternatives, but we figured that was the safest."

"Did she fly it over?"

"No, Hermes sent it. Ron suggested we sent Pig, since he's smaller, but the thing would probably go berserk and wake up the entire neighborhood."

Pig was short for Pigwidgeon —roughly defined by multiple dictionaries as small and simple, Ron's new owl.

Daisy let out a small laugh, "I agree. Do you have any idea why she called me, other than Ginny's birthday?"

"No, but she and Dad looked incredibly ecstatic. They woke all of us up so early in the morning and didn't stop cooking or cleaning the house since. Mum said they have three surprises for all of us, including you," Fred said, "I just hope we won't be expecting another baby brother soon."