↳ 3.11

start of something new

August 31st, 1994

"WHY ARE YOU being a creep?"

Fred raised an eyebrow at Daisy, who were standing still by the door with a big smile, watching the Weasley kids sprawled all over the living room while carrying a big carton box. It had been a while since everyone was present.

"This is a rare sight," she said, finally moving.

"What's in the box?"

"Gifts."

She pulled out jars and jars of freshly baked cookies, placing them on the dining table. Its heavenly smell immediately filled the Burrow and attracted everyone's attention. Even Mrs. Weasley appeared from the kitchen, flicking her wand so the empty dinner dishes began cleaning themselves. "Daisy, dear, is that you? Why didn't you come earlier for dinner? Should I fix you a plate?"

"Thank you, Mrs. Weasley, such a kind offer. I've had dinner with my housemates, though," Daisy slapped Ron's hand before he could open some random jar off the table and announced, "I've labeled names on the jars, Ronald."

"Huh?" Ron lifted the one he had in his hand and read off the scotch-taped paper, "Please don't get eaten by dragons, Charlie."

Charlie whistled, "Awesome! Pistachios and cheese, thanks Dee!"

Hermione took one and read, "Please keep your detention rate— oh, it's for you, Fred."

"Please have normal school boy issues. Refrain from dying, Harry."

Harry chuckled awkwardly, reaching for his jar of brown sugar and chocolate chips cookies, "Well— I'm planning on it."

"Please come by and visit often, Bill."

"Please get a— What is this?" George halted in alarm, "Please get a hot, smart, and kind fling at school and tell me all about him—"

Ginny's eyes widened.

"—Hermione?"

"Wh— What?!" Hermione snatched the jar from George's hand, blushing profusely, "Daisy!"

Daisy just winked at her, laughing along with the crowd.

Ron said, "Hot, smart, kind fling? How can she, with her nose buried deep in books all day, all night?"

"Here, Ron," Bill handed him a jar, "Please don't talk rubbish to much."

The small gesture of adding personal messages turned into a fun game that reaped laughter Daisy definitely would miss, starting tomorrow. She shuddered, thinking how bleak it would be when everyone leave.

Right about then, Percy Apparated in from a long day at the Ministry. He huffed and puffed as he sunk into an empty seat, and Mrs. Weasley skillfully levitated a dinner plate to the table in front of him.

It's like his cologne was called 'repellent', because immediately, the kids dispersed back to their original bustles and activities.

Hermione was immersed in The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 4. Charlie was darning a fireproof balaclava. Harry was polishing his Firebolt. Bill and Ron were engaged in a nasty game of wizarding chess. Fred and George were sitting in a far corner, quills out, talking in whispers, with their heads bent over a piece of parchment.

"Hello Percy," Daisy greeted in politeness.

"Hey. Thanks for the dinner, Mother."

"Of course, dear," Mrs. Weasley said, sitting next to him.