Chapter 18

Saturday came, it was almost time for the party to start. Kate and (y/n) were getting ready for the Halloween party while Michael slipped out. It was already night and Michael was ready to kill. Kate and (y/n) walked downstairs to see Michael was gone. "Michael?" (y/n) called, but there was no answer. He looked at Kate and she shrugged. "Come on, the part's going to start soon! He'll most likely be back later on like always." Kate dragged him out the house. Luckily, Kate's friends house was down the road. She knocked on the door and a little girl answered. "Aren't you supposed to be at your sitters house Winnie?" Kate asked and the little girl stuck her tongue out. "Where's your mommy? You little demon." She laughed. "Mommy! Your weirdo is here!" She ran off as her mom came to the door. "Hey Kate! This must be your friend, (y/n). I'm Taylor!" She smiled. "Hi, nice to meet you." "Same to you, come in. The party will start in a few considering you guys are early and I have to take Winnie to her sitters place." We sat on the couch and watched some tv until the party started. Taylor left to take Winnie to her sitters house. "I hope Michael won't come here tonight..." (y/n) said, looking out the window. "I'm sure he won't! Have fun tonight!" Kate said, smiling.

Soon the party started and (y/n) put on her mask as people started coming. "Hey, it's a mini Michael Myers!" (y/n) looked over towards the kitchen to see a guy, already drunk off of his ass. "You should of been something sexier sweetheart!" "Choke on a dick asshole!" (y/n) yelled back at him and those who could hear him over the music laughed. The guy walked out back, pissed off. "Ignore that dick, he gets mad when he can't see guys half naked." Someone said to (y/n) and he looked over to his side. "I'm Jackie, his stepsister." "(y/n), nice to meet you." "Same to you. Also, I like your costume." She smiled and walked into the kitchen. Kate was off with Taylor somewhere, the music was blasting. People were getting drunk, high, or both. (y/n) walked out back, relieved that the asshole wasn't out there anymore. He took off the mask because he was starting to sweat. (y/n) looked up at the night sky, the moon was full, the stars were out, a few misty clouds strung about. He was lost in the midnight sky, it took him a few minutes to hear the screams coming from the house. He jolted and looked back at the house, dropping his mask and running in. Everyone was pushing each other, trying to get through the front door all at once.

"(y/n)! (y/n)! Run!" I looked to see Jackie running towards me, blood all over her clothes. "M-Michael My-Myers is here!" She said breathless. "Where's Kate and Taylor!" "I don't know!" I ran into the crowd of running people. "(y/n!)" I ignored her. 'No, not again.' I thought as I tried to find Kate and Taylor. I wasn't close to Taylor, but she had a daughter that needs her. I ran upstairs to find them. "Kate! Taylor!" Nobody answered. I looked through the rooms, closets, and bathrooms. I found nobody. I ran back downstairs to see Michael holding Taylor by her throat. "Let her go!" Michael looked over at me. "(y/n) run! Just run!" Kate yelled, slumped against a corner. "No, not again!" I ran over to her. "Fuck, Kate." Her stomach had a large gash, blood heavily flowing out. "Let Taylor go! You said you wouldn't! You said you fucking wouldn't!" I yelled while looking at him. He dropped Taylor and walked over to me. "Get the fuck away from me, you monster!" I could tell he was taken back from what I said. I never called him a monster, even with what happened in my past. "You're not killing my bestfriend! Not again! I wish I never came back here for some fucking job!" I cried and fumbled to get my phone. When I looked up Michael was gone and Kate was barely breathing.

I called for an ambulance and the cops came as well. Taylor was fine, but they still wanted to take her. They took Kate as well as a few others who were lucky enough to be alive. They set up a scene as well as called for the coroner. The cops took me to the station and questioned me most of the morning. Thankfully, one of them took me home since I didn't have my car. I locked the door and went to my room. I needed to get some rest before I went to check on Kate. I sighed as I laid down after changing out of my bloody costume. 'Why did I believe he would listen to me.' I thought. 'This is my fault. I should have convinced her not to go. I should have convinced Taylor not to have a party.' I cried into my pillow and soon fell asleep. I soon woke up and looked at my phone. It was already twelve in the afternoon. I got up and changed. I ate and grabbed my keys, getting into my car to head to the hospital. I walked up to the receptionist. "Hi, I'm (y/n) (l/n), here to see Kate Mori." She nodded and looked at the list. "Room 305, just down the hall, first left." "Thank you. Would you happen to know how Taylor Mason is doing?" "She was able to leave earlier. Nothing too serious." She smiled and I nodded, thanking her again. I walked to Kate's room and seen she was up, watching tv.

"How are you feeling?" She looked over at me with a small smile. "Better then last night, still some pain." I sat in the chair next to her. "Hopefully I'll be let out tomorrow. I won't be working for a while, but my boss said it's fine." "I'm sorry." "(y/n) it's no-" "Yes, it is. If I wouldn't have taken that job offer none of this would have happened!" I cried, mad at myself. "(y/n), it's fine. Taylor visited me earlier and was happy you were able to stop Michael. Other then her sitter, she is all Winnie has. She asked me about how you were able to so I told her. She's not mad with you, neither of us are. Were the only ones who really remember what happened because everyone was too drunk or high, Don't kill yourself over it. He's a killer, there wasn't much you could have done." "I could have convinced Taylor to not have the party." "You think she would listen? Up until now, she still believed he was a myth that people would tell their children so they'd be good. She thought the police used his name when they couldn't figure out who killed people in the town. If it wasn't for you, neither of us would be here without you." Kate smiled at me and a nurse came in. "Time for your medication and sir, visiting hours are over. She'll fall asleep soon after taking these." I nodded and said bye to Kate. I drove home and sat on the couch to watch tv. The news was covering what happened, but I changed the channel. I fell asleep on the couch.

Michael made his way in through the basement door. Being quite enough to not alert anyone that he was in their home. He walked up the stairs and went to the living room. He seen (y/n) asleep on the couch, seemingly having a nightmare. He felt a ping in his heart and it hurt. He wanted to hold him, to feel (y/n) against him. He watched as he thrashed in his sleep, soon falling off the couch and jolting awake. He didn't notice Michael staring at him yet. (y/n) walked to the kitchen to get some water. He sat at the table and looked at his phone. He watched as he tapped away, not noticing him standing behind him. He wanted to hug him, to kiss him. He felt his heart tear last night with what he said, but didn't blame him. He was hurting and Michael couldn't do anything because he caused it again. He got up and put his cup in the sink. Turning to walk to the living room he screamed seeing Michael standing there, staring at him. (y/n) went to run, but he grabbed him and held him. "Let me go you monster!" Michael held him tighter as he thrashed, trying to get away. "(y/n)...Please..." He kept thrashing so he picked him up. He went to the couch and sat him on his lap. Still holding (y/n), he rested his chin on his head and sighed.