Chapter 4 The Library

Contrary to the other wings that are always bustling with people, west wing was quiet and peaceful without any noise or disturbance since no one came in there except the servants who came for cleaning in the morning.

Selene had finished unpacking all her belongings with the help of Anna and some other servants arranged by the butler. Her new room was much larger than the last one, with a large space in the middle of the room she had purposefully left for training her powers.

Now she was ready to start trying her abilities. She had decided to first try out her mind reading skill.Since it was not like her status scanner which appeared whenever she thought about it. Since she forgot to ask the gods what triggered it, she asked Anna to stand in front her and started to use hit and trial method to figure it out.

After trying for 10 minutes, she finally got it. The word 'activate' triggered her mind reading ability. She was able to hear Anna's thoughts clearly.

Selene asked Anna to keep increasing the distance between them and checked if she could still her thoughts. She found out that her mind reading had a range of 7 meters.

Now for finding out about both her linguistic skill and her magical powers she has to visit the library. Surprisingly the villainess who studied very hard for her classes had never visited the library, instead she ordered her maids to bring the books she wanted. Which is why she had no memories from the villainess about the library. So she asked Anna to lead the way to the library.Anna though surprised that Selene was going to the library in person she led her there.

The library in the duke's mansion was a huge one with hundreds of books stacked in oak shelves. Selene looked for books written in foreign languages. She saw a book titled 'Wonders of Atlanta' in English which was also the official language in Magnus empire where she is living in. But under the title she saw that another set of words were written but the letters were not of English but of another language she did not recognize. However when she tried to read it her mind automatically translated it as if she had known the unknown language all her life.

After that a bunch of information about the language appeared in her mind. She found that she had learned a completely new language know as Atlantian within minutes. Selene was very delighted to have such an astonishing power. She quickly went to the librarian's desk to ask for more books written in foreign languages.

"What can I do for you young miss?" the librarian Heron asked.

"Give me as many books as you can written in any language other than the empire language."

"Yes, young miss."

The librarian went to collect books as per her request, a while later he came back carrying a tower of books in his sturdy hands. He set the tower of books on a nearby table and motioned to come sit at the table.

Selene sat on the chair and eagerly opened a book and started to read it and learned another new language. Selene whose theory about her power had now been confirmed opened multiple books at same time and started to read them. But she discovered that at a time she could only three languages at a time. After that she needed to take a break, or a terrible headache would follow. Well every power has its own limits, it was good enough to have such an amazing skill.

After learning 7 new languages, she moved on to the next task, to learn to use magic, a thing that was impossible on Earth. She asked the librarian where the books about magic were, the librarian pointed to leftmost corner of the library.

Selene went there and looked through the titles, she settled with a book titled ' Basics of Magic '. She opened the book and read-
  Chapter -1  Mana Introduction
Mana is an invisible driving force of life present everywhere in the land of  Aervyenna and the beings present on it. Making it very easy to absorb mana when knowing the correct technique.
Amount and type of mana varies from person to person, the more the mana the better but it becomes harder to utilize as well. An average awakener has between 300,000-400,000 MP and has one or two elemental affinities. Though individuals with more 1,000,000 that have been recorded (see page 98).
After mana awakening mana core has to be built as a base to perform any kind of magic spell.(see page no 14 for further instructions) After that the magic strength is divided into 15 levels. These are 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th,7th,8th,9th,10th,11th,silver,gold, platinum level and saint level.
Every magician can execute spells according to their elements. The elements are divided into four groups- Basic elements, Special elements, Unique elements and Legendary elements. 
Basic
Water
Fire
Earth
Air