Chapter 9 Crystals

As expected, Selene saw Anna searching for her all over the library, searching every nook and cranny.On her face was a look of despair as if not even expecting her to be in the places she searched.Selene tiptoed behind Anna before knocking on her shoulder, Anna jumped back and let out scream. When she saw that the the owner of the hand knocking was none other than her miss she let out a sigh of relief.But soon her relieved face turned into an angry one.

"Miss where did you disappear to? Don't tell me you sneaked out again to the forest." Anna asked with her arms crossed.

"Uh I will tell you about that, first lets go to my room." Saying so Selene dragged Anna out of the library and took her to her room.

"So what is so important that you couldn't have spoken about in the library miss?" Anna asked with curiosity seeing the look on Selene's face. Selene sat on the bed before saying "Lumen transform back."

'Oh is she trustworthy?' Lumen asked her.

"Of course why do you think I am telling you to transform?"

"Who is Lumen miss?" Anna asked seeing Selene talking to air.

Before Selene could open her mouth to explain, the ring on her finger slipped out and swirled in the air and transformed into a dragon.

Anna's mouth hung open and couldn't close after seeing the dragon sitting proudly in front of her. Selene stretched out her hand and tried close Anna's mouth but it opened once again.

"Anna." Selene called her.

"Miss tell me that I am dreaming and there is not a real dragon in front of me." Anna said.

"This is the reaction that people show when they see me." Lumen said nodding approvingly.

Selene rolled her eyes looking at Anna who was looking at the white dragon with awe-filled eyes.

"So the dragon is real?" Anna asked.

"Yeah he is real though he doesn't have the power that come with a real dragon." Selene said.

"Hey don't defame me, I still have my power and skills it's just that my mana was snatched by that mana array."

"Mana array? Wait are you talking about those crystals around you?"

"Of course did you think I was born this way? I was the strongest dragon of my time." Lumen said.

" What happened then?" Anna asked.

"It's a long story...But to make it short he trapped in a mana array which absorbed my inner mana and dispersed it. He did that to stop me from doing something dangerous according to him."

"So this is what you meant by regaining mana." Selene said.

"Yes if I regain it I will once again be the magnificent dragon I once was."

"Hmm we will see how magnificent you become by then.. Oh which level would I have to advance to for you to become a full-sized dragon?" Selene asked.

" Hmm..I think it should be sixth level since you have more than average mana...."

"Wait a minute how is miss's advancement related to Mr.Lumen's evolution?" Anna asked confused.

"Ah right I forgot tell you, I have formed a blood contract with Lumen which is why he is depending on me for mana."

"A blood contract? Miss do you know how much severe a blood contract is?" Anna asked.

Anna was not worried for nothing, it was true that a blood contract came with a lot of weight. It was fact known to everyone that in the contract if the contractor dies then the contracted would also follow. But Selene who was the contractor couldn't relax because in rare cases the contractor can also die if the contracted dies. But Selene was a person who didn't worry about things until they were really dangerous. And for now they weren't.