Ch 22 Henriette's Woe

"Did you make any arrangements for Emily while we were away?" Selene asked Anna as they walked down the quiet hallway of the west wing.

"Emily? That maid? Well, Fenrir keeps an eye on her for me when I am not... Is there something you want to know about her?" Anna replied. Ever since she got to know that it was Emily who was responsible for her lady's embarrassment on her birthday a year ago, she has been doing her best to keep an eye on all of the green haired mole.

Yet the only one time she had any chance to catch her in action, she was dragged away by one of the workmates because she had been called by the head maid and that was five months ago. Since then, Emily has been as quiet as mouse leaving Anna disappointed, she even suspected that.

"Fenrir? You told him about Emily's problem? Selene asked.   

"Not really, I just said I caught her snooping around in the west wing and that I wanted to find out her purpose. Since you had said that the less people who know the details the better."

Selene was pleased to hear that; Anna was the second person who remembered and gave importance to word she had ever said.

Selene then spoke as the smile that bloomed on her face lingered longer than just a flash- "I see. Good. About Emily, there is a good chance she was involved in Isla's incident. So watch her movements very carefully, at least for this week. I have a feeling that she would either contact or be contacted by the person behind her soon, after all the body she tried to dispose secretly was stolen by our men." 

"But...why do you think she is involved in this? Ren said that they had searched Isla's body and had found nothing that could serve as the clue."

"Well, it was on her body... but finding it was not really in their reach."

"Not in their reach?"

"Yes, there were traces of dark arts or black magic on her body. Although I sensed it, even I couldn't identify what they were, it was Lumen who told me what it was. He said that he sensed similar aura on Emily. And I think he is right. Just don't let her get out of your sight okay? I have a feeling we will finally be able to catch that rat this time."

Anna nodded seriously and assured "Don't worry milady even if I have to leave everything aside to chase her I will!"

Selene chuckled at Anna's determined face. She knew Anna was quite frustrated with Emily slipping from her hands again and again. Which is why although she could tell that Anna was still skeptical about Emily and Isla, she still didn't want to let go of this opportunity.

"You really are eager to get your hands on her, aren't you?

"Of course m'lady! We are talking about someone who wishes to harm you, one year is enough to let such threat walk free around you, when she should be immediately persecuted."

"Hm, I also wanted that, but considering that she is my only hope to get any clue about the perpetrator behind the scenes, it is a waste. So work hard to keep an eye on her, okay? I am trusting that you know how important it is."

"Yes, milady. Then, do you want to have your dinner now? or will you have it after class?" Anna asked immediately changing to the next topic after ending the talk of Emily's issue.

"Just give me some snacks to eat before I go for class. And prepare only bread and soup after the class, I'm not hungry enough for a full-fledged dinner." Selene answered.

Anna frowned hearing her words, but she didn't object, after all her 11-year-old master had saw a dead body for the first time, even if it didn't look like it, it was still a dead one.