Chapter 1: Muffins That Could Kill God

Tommy sighed. Another order finished.

Tommy carefully walked out of the kitchen, balancing two blueberry muffins in one hand and a black coffee in the other, and made his way towards the register on the counter where his most recent customer was waiting.

The customer shot him a grateful smile and took the food out of his hands, balancing it the same way Tommy did, nearly dropping a muffin in the process.

"Thanks so much, Tommy! I'm sure these will be delicious as usual. I'll have to send Foolish over one of these days, he loves the muffins."

Tommy grinned. "It's no problem, Puffy, I'm sure Bad will appreciate the extra business. That'll be $8.50 please."

Puffy, a sheep hybrid and one of Bad's Cafe's loyal customers, was someone Tommy saw on the regular. She was one of the few friends he had been able to make while on the job at Bad's Cafe. Tommy liked her hair; it was the most unique thing about her, besides the small horns that protrude the side of her head. Her hair was large and curly, similar to sheep's wool, and was split dyed with one side white and the other side a soft brown.

It fits her, makes her puffy hair seem soft and brings out the color of her eyes.

She quickly drew out the amount of money needed and handed it to Tommy, who inserted it into the register. Puffy then drew out a twenty dollar bill and dropped it into the tip jar that was sat next to the register. Tommy looked at the jar and gave a deadpan stare at her.

"Again? Seriously Puffs, you don't need to tip us so much each time you come. What you pay is usually enough, Bad is generous with our payment."

Puffy only smiled sheepishly.

"I know Bad pays you well for this job, Tommy. I leave large tips because I want to, not for any other reason. Use it to treat yourself or to help pay rent."

Tommy rolled his eyes, a small grin on his face. Usually he would be upset by people tipping to help pay his rent, but Puffy was a special case. She's already proven to Tommy that she didn't act on a savior complex unlike other people who tipped Tommy once they learned of his situation- she tipped him generously because she genuinely wanted to help, and because she was his friend. She didn't pity him like other people.

Tommy hated pity.

It had taken a long time for Tommy to trust her and her motives- but once he did, she quickly became one of his favorite customers.

Though once in a while he wished he could return the favor.

He was brought back to the present by the sound of Puffy's voice.

"How are you by the way? Been getting enough sleep?"

Tommy stopped himself from cringing at the question, instead averted his eyes and giving the sheep hybrid a strangled "Yup."

"Tommy." He brought his gaze back to Puffy, who leveled him with a deadpan stare.

"Well... maybe not as much as I should be.." He admitted sheepishly.

Puffy sighed and crossed her arms. "Well, try to get some more sleep. I know I probably won't be able to convince you, but lack of sleep can really affect you mentally."

Tommy withheld his sigh. "I know, Puffs, I know."

"Are Tubbo and Ranboo doing okay? I don't see them around today."

"They're in the kitchen today. I'm sure they're okay, but I'll be sure to ask them on your behalf. You worry too much Puffy." Tommy replied with a grin.

"I know, but you guys are hardly old enough to be living by yourselves, how could I not worry?"

"Well, Ranboo is old enough, and me and Tubbo are big men, so age limits do not apply to us." Tommy replied with a proud huff.