58.Two Of Us

Language: French

Language: French

Yes, this is another sad french gay movie which will make you cry and make you feel a rollercoaster of emotions. Damn, the French really knows to how to make the gays cry, huh.

This is one of the rare wlw movies which focuses on older lesbians and they're not the peaceful old ladies you expect them to be, giving advice the baby gays advice and stuff like that.

On the contrary they fight and frolic like teenagers. We do get to see the intimacy and adoration between the couple but we also see the anger and the angst.

Especially Nina, who is filled with years of anger because of Madeline reluctance to come out to her family, her frustration only increases when tragedy falls and Madeline is hospitalised and Nina has to pose as a good friend towards Mado's children to take care of her patner.

The performance given by the actresses were absolutely fabulous. I could feel each and every emotion the characters tried to show only from their facial expressions. The narration and well shot angles of the film gives it an edge of thrill and mystery but it does not cross that line.

Despite all the hurdles and problems they face, their love of decades endures it and doesn't falter and our older gays get the hopeful ending that they should.