Chapter 21 Curiosity at its finest

Kyle groaned as his arms shook, his veins bulging from his biceps as his teeth clenched together attempting to raise up once again. His arms burned with the need to relax but Casey, who was sitting on his back, tapped him to push up.

Exercising was a great distraction for him, but it was also painful and all he wanted to do was lay down and imagine Jordan's face because that always soothes his body. He needed much soothing.

"260" Casey counted.

He allowed himself to think of yesterday's conversation.

"Jordan makes you stronger Kyle. Deadlier as every other mate does to their wolf mate. With that being said, she is also your greatest weakness. Mentally at least" Christan explained, taking a seat followed by Kyle.

"Meaning?" He asked, wanting to know more.

"You love Jordan as a person, it's human nature to love. Your wolf however doesn't comprehend human love, only loves her for who she is, his mate. Sure, his love may compare to yours, but mentally it's not the same. A wolf can allow themselves not to care for their mate but it's hard when there is an invisible bond between you two"

"A mate bond" Kyle said, remembering from the books.

He saw Christian clench his jaw at the thought of books. He and Diante hated them. In a sense they could be right, sometimes not so much.

"The point is her emotions affect you. Seeing her cry and wanting to comfort her. As a wolf it affects you much bigger than that. Sometimes it pains you so much, you have to feel her presence, smell their scent, touch them, anything to get out of that pain"

Kyle balled his fist as he visualized his words. Touching her, kissing her, he wanted so badly. He remembered everything about her scent. It was perfect. He shook his head, troubled.

" Why are you telling me this?"

Diante raised up from the wall. " Because the full moon is in two days. You haven't learned control. We're all afraid you're going to lose your shit and find her"

Kyle stood up. He felt his brother was implying something and he didn't like it. "You think I'm going to hurt her? Kill her? I would never lay a hand on her. I love her"

Christan put his hand out, standing up in front of him but Kyle could only stare at Diante for the words he didn't say. "Kyle. A wolf on the full moon is just as crazed as being without their mate. Everything is pushed to the surface. Every buried memory, emotion that you or your wolf can get ahold of will resurface."

Christian laid his hand on his shoulder, staring him in the eyes. "Kyle, your love for Jordan would be pushed to the surface. All you will be able to think about is her. We don't want you to do anything you will regret later"

Kyle wanted to throw his brother and Christian and beat them till they couldn't get up anymore. He felt they were trying to keep him away from her. The one that completed him. To learn she was his mate, and he wasn't there with her, but here, leaving her alone. Leaving himself without her. It was painful.

With a nod, he stepped back. They were only trying to help him. To keep her safe. But there was something they weren't telling him. Maybe he didn't want to know.

Diante gave Christian a look and he returned it. They were hiding something from him. The real reason why he needed to not think of Jordan during the full moon. Why did he need to gain some form of control during it?

They were afraid. Afraid that Kyle would mark Jordan. They couldn't say it aloud. If they did, Kyle's wolf would have done it purposefully. The wolf is just as possessive as the human who controls it. Or lack of control, in Kyle's situation. It was too deep, too strong in a wolf's nature to mark his mate. Claim her as his.