6| Coffee

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Coffee

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 6: Coffee (Aaron's POV)

When I walked into the office on Monday morning, Vanessa wasn't there. As I settled in, got myself coffee, and started working, she still wasn't there and I was beginning to think she wasn't going to show up and that just doesn't work for me because she owes me today. 

Vannesa doesn't take sick leaves... ever. And I know that because neither do I and a few months ago, Davidson had to tell her himself to go home or go to the doctor's because he could hear her sneezes and coughs from here. 

I replied to the last of my emails and then turned my attention to Jade. "Everett," I said. 

"Don't call me by my last name like you do with Nessa," she replied without looking away from her computer. 

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. Jade." 

She turned to me. "Yes?" 

"Where's your boss?" 

"Why? Do you miss her?" 

"What?" My brows furrowed. 

She rolled her eyes. "Nothing, forget it. I don't know where she is though," she shrugged. 

"Thank god, you're here," Zach sighed. 

We both turned around and saw Vanessa rushing in. "Sorry," she exhaled, "I had some trouble." She glanced at Jade who magically seemed to understand what had happened. Vanessa hung her bag on her chair and then sat down, sighing as she turned her computer on. 

"Seriously?" Jade mumbled as I looked away from Vanessa and at my computer screen, getting back to work. 

"Don't get me started, Jade," Vanessa whispered in response. 

It was about an hour later when Vanessa stood up that I glanced at her. "We're taking the conference room," she announced, looking at me. 

"You took it last time," I countered. 

"So? You didn't say you wanted it last time. And we had more projects to complete than you." 

"So? We're meant to take turns with the conference room." 

She rolled her eyes and leaned forward, placing her palms on the table. "Then go to the conference room." One of the teams usually goes to the conference room to discuss their strategy and get the basics down so the other team can't eavesdrop. 

"We don't need to yet," I replied, turning my attention back to my computer. 

"But we do. So, we're going." She grabbed a folder that had a bunch of papers in it and her pen. Everybody on her team followed her out and once they were out of the room, 

I stood up, turning to the people on my team. 

"Wasn't it our turn to use the conference room?" Celia asked.