Sheriff

George had a temper. You both knew that he was even a little crazy, but you never could have imagined how far he was willing to go to get what he wanted.  Not until Robin Hood came along that is. George was getting more and more stressed by the day and it worried you. He could get violent, never with you.  You would frequently hear him yelling things at his cousin and other men.  One thing that seemed to be getting on George's nerves more than anything else was his cousin's failure.  Constantly going after Robin Hood and failing every single day.  They were losing a lot of men and gold and his cousin seemed to not be able to do anything about it. However, what bothered George the most was that his cousin somehow always walked away from these battles unharmed, like he was constantly running from the fight. George felt humiliated, how could his cousin constantly screw up so bad? He didn’t understand how this could be so hard.

It had been a rough few days and George was more on edge than ever since Robin Hood snuck into the castle right under George's nose.  Now he had a fresh deep cut on his face, which, not going to lie, you found rather sexy but you weren’t going to tell him that yet.  

“Make the stitches small.”  He complained to the poor doctor trying to do his job, but you imagined George's constant moving around wasn't making it any easier for the man. His little servant boy was trying to talk to him while he was getting stitched up, you didn’t know the man's name George always just referred to him as the ferret.

“So let me get this straight?”  George fumes, getting up after the doctor had finished.  “Robin Hood steals from my pocket, causes me to hurt his people… And they love him?”  

“What he steals he gives to the poor.”  The ferret explained.  Que a cup getting thrown across the room.  

“That’s it, cancel the kitchen scraps and the help for the orphanage.”  He raged aggressively, opening the door.  “And call off Christmas.”  You rolled your eyes at how dramatic he was being. 

You ran after him down the hall and found him staring at his statue, which someone had drawn a cut on its cheek that matched his.  He was of course furious so he grabbed the ferret's hat, spit on it and tried to clean off the marker, which didn’t work.  He looked over and saw you giggling. 

“You our room now.”  He said pointing you in the direction of your chambers.  He followed you as you walked to your chambers and locked the door behind you both.

“Come on George, it's not so bad. You're being dramatic, don’t take away the only help you're giving these people.”  

“What would you know?”  He snapped.

“I know that if you take away every little bit of help you're giving these people, the ones who are still loyal to you will turn on you as well.  The answer is to give the people a long term change not a short term change.  If you promised lower taxes instead of a one and done payment of cash more people might look for Robin Hood.”

“That’s enough, this is my job not yours, if my cousin would stop failing the one task he’s been given maybe we would get somewhere.”

“Isn’t he away now transporting a carriage full of gold?”  

“Yes and so help me if he.”

“George, he’s your family, the only family you have.  You can’t hurt him.”  You cut him off by cupping his cheeks.  You caressed his skin with your thumbs.

“I have you.”  He said plainly.

“Yes you do, but he’s your blood.”  You stood on your tiptoes and kissed him. “Just be patient, everything will be okay.  I’m sure he’s just as frustrated as you.”