Thirty Seven

Peter was in his suit, his original suit, the one that Tate had reffed to as pjs, and out into the school car park within a minute. He was just fiddling with his web shooters when something powerful hit him in the shoulder. He cried out as he went flying a couple of feet before landing heavily on the concrete. The after effects from the blow left him feeling numb and tingly and he turn to see what had hit him. "Urgh what the hell?" 

"You know, we offered you a choice", a familiar man said as he walked over. He was a man Peter had fought before, one of Mr Toomes' men. This time he had a device on his hand that buzzed with electricity. The man frowned at him. "What's with the crappy costume?" Then he smirked and the electricity powered up. 

Peter dove for his web shooters. One of them had fallen within sight and he ran for it. A screeching of tires on tarmac and the bang of metal made him turn just in time to see the rear end of a bus just a it hit him. The web shooter falling from his grasps he went flying for the second time in a matter of minutes, body hitting the side of another bus so had that metal caved and he broke windows. He coughed as he hit the ground. 

The man, Shocker, grinned as he leisurely approached. "I want sure about this thing at first but damn". Peter pulled himself to his feet and the man backhanded him. He crashed through the window of a third bus, glass covering him as he skidded down the aisle between the seats. His voice gasping with pain. He barely got a second to grimace at the amount of gum under the bus seats before the bus was flipping. Peter yelling as he was tumbled about like a washing machine. 

The bus landed with a crash and he spilled out of the emergency door with a groan. "Why did he send you here?"

Shocker walked over, taller the hero's smaller form "I guess you'll never know", and he raised the electric knuckles again. Peter braced himself then looked up at the familiar 'whip' noise of a web shooter. A web was stuck to the electric knuckles and on the other end was Ned and Callum. Both boys gaping in their formal wear. 

"Nice shot!" Peter yelled as he bounced up onto his feet. 

"Catch!" Callum threw something and Peter snatched it out of the air. His second web shooter. He flicked it onto his wrist in one movement and turned, the web catching the man and pulling him down. Then Peter was grabbing the web shooter from Ned's hands and pulling the electric device from his hands and webbing the Shocker to the side of a bus. 

"Ned! Callum!" He ran over. "The guy with the wings is Liz's dad!"

"What?" Ned gasped. 

"What guy with wings?" Callum frowned. He was not up to date on the chaos. 

"I've got to tell mr Stark!" Peter continued. "Do you have his number?" The question was directed at Callum. 

"No. But I can call Tate, or Mr Stark's head of security". Callum was already pulling out his phone. 

"Call Happy Hogen", Peter instructed. "Ned, get a computer and track my phone for me"".

"Are you going to be okay?" Ned asked but Peter was already turning and jumping onto the roof of a bus to swing away. 

"Hurry! We've got to catch him before he leaves town!" His voice called back. Ned and Callum watched him for a second before turning inside. 

Callum sighed heavily. "There goes my date night", he muttered before giving Ned a look. "When did you find out about the whole spider thing?" 

"Just before the DC trip. When did you?" Ned shot back.

"When Tate was in hospital for surgery three months ago". Callum smirked as Ned scowled. "Come on, lets get you to a computer. I've got to call Tate".

-----------

Tate was sprawled out in the pilots seat of a large stark cargo plane as behind him, worker's bustled and Happy's stressed out voice echoed up to him. The not very happy head of security was sounding rather frustrated as the last of the crates were safely loaded up the ramp. Tate ignored it all, not wanting to mess with whatever organising system Happy had going on. So instead he was waiting patiently in the large seat, feet up on the control board as he watched music videos on his phone. 

Some part of his mind was wondering about how the homecoming dance was going. He had seen the photos his friends had uploaded of themselves with their dates in their formal wear on the group chat. Callum and Charley looked sickeningly cute and Jason and Mj were both pulling stupid faces. Abe was a whole three inches shorter than his date despite the lack of heels but they were sweet together. The only one who hadn't been active was Peter and Tate tried to ignore the jealousy in his stomach at the thought of Peter having too much fun with Liz to check the chat. 

"Tate! Yo Baby Stark", Happy's voice called. Tate picked out of YouTube and dropped his phone onto the control panel as he got up. He tugged down his t-shirt from where it had ridden up and turned, striding down through the hull of the plane and weaving between the last now the workers. Back on the consul, his phone buzzed with an unanswered call. 

Happy sighed lightly as Tate appeared. "Good. You ready for take off? We are just about on schedule. Sure you want to fly this buddy? There is autopilot?" 

"I'm sure. Dad says he will show me the new avengers facility when I get there. Also its been ages since I got to fly a plane. It will be fun". He bounced slightly and grinned excitedly. 

Happy frowned at him. "No joy riding. You fly it straight there. Simple and easy okay?" Tate nodded innocently and the man sighed. "I can't believe that I'm letting a fifteen year old fly a plane full of things more expensive than me", he muttered as he ran a hand down his face. 

"I have been doing this since I was thirteen", Tate grumbled. "Come on Happy. Dad and Pepper trust me with it". 

"That's because your dad is insane", Happy huffed. "But if Pepper is willing to trust you with it, then aright. Go on then". Tate let out a happy whoop and jogged back up the plane. His legs twinging at the sudden exercise but he ignored them as he sprawled into the pilot's seat again. 

Back on the ground, Happy pulled out his phone and answered. "Hello? What? No, Tate is busy. He's about to fly a plane, that's why he's not answering. No, I can't take a message. Just put it in that message app you kids are always using". Then he was hanging up. 

Tate had just buckled himself in, phone forgotten in excitement. Happy's voice came through the comms. "Ready? You have permission to close your ramp. The doors are opening in three, two, one". Through the glass, Tate could see the wall ahead opening. The exposed sky above the city becoming bigger and bigger. He flicked the switch and heard the gears of the ramp closing behind him. The he started the engine. The roar of the plane's engines overpowering the buzzing of his phone. Callum's contact picture flashing across the screen as it continued to buzz. 

"Permission for take off?" Tate announced down the comm. 

"Permission granted. See you tomorrow Kid", Happy's voice replied. "Have a fun at the avengers complex with your dad". 

"Will do", Tate chirped as he took the control stick and the wheels of the plane began moving. There was a rumble of the engines and the plane took off into the New York City sky. 

unedited