Chapter five

Your POV

"Colbs..." I start before getting nervous about how he would react.
"I'm adopted and the ghost lady is my real mom." I blurt out.
I see his eyes widen but then he calms down a bit.
"I figured that she was related to you in a way when I saw the picture. I just didn't expect her to be your mom I guess." Colbs laughs a little causing me to laugh with him.
'This Colby?'
"Yes mom that's Colby." I tell her and Colby instantly knows what the spirit lady asked.
"Hi" Colby says looking where I'm looking " I can't see you, I'm just looking where y/n is looking, but uh hi I'm colby." He introduced himself and I laugh at how he just introduced himself.
'He nice?'
I just nod this time. I smile at the woman who looked lost in thought.
"Whatcha smiling at kid?" Colby asks me knowing I hate when he calls me kid.
"I'm not going to tell you now, since you called me kid." I fake pout making both my mom and Colby laugh.
"Nah I'm just playing. she asked if you were nice so I nodded and she started to look lost in thought." I tell making him smile.
'You need me?'
My eyes widened and I snapped my head towards her.
"Of course I need you mom. I just found out who you were and you think I'm not going to need you?" I ask her a little upset.
'He protect you though.'
"I know he protects me mom but I still need you." I reply with teary eyes getting a hug from Colby to calm me down.
"Do you want me to get Seth y/n? You two seem to calm each other down." My brother asks me.
I hesitate but eventually I shake my head no. "I'm okay Colbs, no need to bring Seth into this." I tell him before hearing "bring me into what?" From the door.
Shit. I do not want to have to tell him about this, not right now at least.
"It's nothing Seth. What are you doing down here, shouldn't you be upstairs with the others ?" I sigh while gaining a slight glare from Colby and my mom for lying to him.
"Sam sent me down to check on you two. I'm Sorry if I interrupted anything. I'll go let him know that you two are okay." He says turning to leave before I stop him.
I'm going to regret this. Fuck it.
"Seth Wait." I say causing a smirk on Colby and my moms faces and Seth turned around making the smirk on Colby's face to drop as to not seem suspicious.
"We found out who the spirit is. And why she knows my name." I sigh knowing that I'm about to tell someone that I might have grown feelings for that I have a ghost for a mom and I'm adopted.
"Oh. Well if your okay telling me. Who is it?" He asks walking over and sitting down next to me causing Colby to head back to the others and my mom just pretended not to listen.
I take a deep breath before telling him the situation with my mom, being adopted, and just overall everything that happened while I was down here.
"Holy shit y/n that's actually really cool." Seth tells me making me laugh a little under my breath.
Thank god. I don't know what I would have done if he would have reacted different.
'You like him.'