CHAPTER - 3 Crossing Paths

Zhan Yu's questions were answered the day he returned to school.

After Zhan Qiancheng drove him to his college, he paid the Dean's office a visit for ten minutes before walking out the door and handing over a piece of paper to his directly. It was a written consent on transferring his department. Below was the Dean's signature along with the school's bright red seal.

Zhan Yu was shocked silly. Was it so easy to change departments in this era? And wasn't he in the second semester of his sophomore year?

Seeing his own brother wide-eyed with surprise, such a straightforward expression left Zhan Qiancheng feeling helpless. Although it was a little unpleasant back then to see his unrestrained arrogance, his current expression was also annoying to look at. Yes he was smart, but what should he do about his own brother's lack of brain cells!.

Zhan Qiancheng had to lower his pride as he finally explained things to him in a dignified manner: "Half of the investments in this school comes from our Zhan family. If you want to change departments, it's simply a matter of saying one sentence."

After saying so, he privately thought to himself: 'The fact that I came here personally was more than enough to show the Dean some respect.'

Zhan Yu clicked his tongue and said half-jokingly: "Sure enough, with money, even ghosts will be willing to do the grinding for you."**

(T/N: Chinese idiom, as long as you have the money, someone will always be willing to do the job for you.)

"Then you're the one bribing the ghosts," said Zhan Qiancheng good naturedly. He knew that he intentionally made fun of him so he replied in a good mood. Just before he could finish his sentence, he looked up slightly and noticed a young man approaching, not far away.

Lu Bai wore a white short-sleeved shirt with one hand lazily resting in his pockets. He walked onwards without a care, and with each step, the aura of a young master could not be denied.

Zhan Yu was curious as to why his brother suddenly looked so defensive. When he turned around to follow his line of sight, he immediately noticed an attractive, beautiful man.

'What the hell! He's as handsome as a devil!'

Although he cried out in his heart, he couldn't look away. At this time, Zhan Qiancheng pulled his hand and dragged him forward.

"Let's go!"

It was a simple and concise command.

Zhan Yu hurriedly looked back at his brother with some wonder: 'It's not like they encountered a monster, what was he in such a hurry for? Do the both of them have some kind of grudge?'

As he thought of this Zhan Yu happened to brush past the man, but then immediately noticed those thick brows, beautiful Phoenix eyes, and his high bridged nose. Complemented with his perfectly smooth and white skin, this was truly a stunning man!

Zhan Yu nodded unconsciously as he assessed this person's appearance in his mind.

Strangely enough, after he nodded his head, the handsome passerby released a sullen aura, as if wanting to keep him far out of his way.

Zhan Yu was confused. It's not like he was trying to get close to him, ah! He simply nodded at him! It was subconscious! Did that stranger misunderstand something?

"Brother, is he your enemy?" Zhan Yu changed the topic to indirectly express his innocence. He really didn't do anything wrong!

Upon hearing this, Zhan Qiancheng ceased to pull him forward and immediately stopped on his tracks. He turned around to stare at Zhan Yu, then glanced back up at the other guy, but this time with a smile. This was the first time Zhan Yu saw him smile so openly after coming to this world.