Chapter 10

Two weeks before Angelina's birthday 

"ASH! Stop making out and get your ass down here! I'm gonna be late!" Ash and his girlfriend have been in-separable since they got together...I mean, shouldn't they be passed their honeymoon stage?

I sat down on the couch and pulled out my phone to scroll through social media, when Eric comes around from behind me and picks up his bag. "I'll drive you" he says casually

This is basically every morning, he offers, then I say...

"Nah, don't feel like getting murdered today" and I mean by Mackenzie.

"Look, she's not that bad"

"Right, kicking someone in the stomach cause they're poor is 'Not that bad'" I roll my eyes, still not looking up at him.

I have no idea what face I'll make if I do look at him...I always feel like I make a weird face...since I started admitting that I like him.

But no worries, I'm not going *badump *badump, every time I see him, nor do I have the cliche 'my chest/heart hurts' moments...it's just...I like him.

like I said, it's probably just a phase, I mean I'm living with him.

"Hey" Eric calls, I didn't reply, I was blanked out from my thoughts.

He walks over and pushed my phone down, I turned my head so I don't need to look at him.

"Why are your ears so red?" He asks

oh shit! did I become THAT girl? I feel like a jess 2.0 😭

"I don't know, it's just hot" I wasn't lying, whether it was the temperature or him...I don't know why, but I feel hot.

I suddenly felt hotter when Eric put his forehead to mine, I immediately flinched, but I couldn't get away since he put his hands on my shoulders.

"What are you-"

"You have a fever"

"Huh?"

He moves away and sits in the arm chair in front of me.

"You have a fever, idiot"

I immediately put my hand on my forehead...it is a bit hot. And that's when I felt a second hand take mine off and replace it with theirs. 

"oh shit you do" Ash walks around from behind me like Eric did and puts a thermometer in my mouth...why are we using such old fashion tools? And the answer to that question is my dad, he likes to 'remember the past', and apparently not using the temperature scanner is the way to do that.

"You are not going to school" Ash says laughing sarcastically

"Ah no! I have to be at school, we're assigning projects and if I don't go I'm gonna die." I pulled on is collor so his face is right in front of mine. "So you listen and you listen good Ashton Tom Rashta! I am going ! to! school! And you will take me, got it?!" I nearly screamed. I mean I'm fine, I don't feel bad at all!

And normally when I say his full name he backs off....but he's not moving. My big bro, comes closer and puts his forehead on me and give me a 'I'm your big brother so listen to me' look.

"And you listen, and listen well Angelina Jade Rashta."

"YA! Don't use my full name! I haven't gotten my full name used In years!"

"You are going to stay at home and that's that!" he stands up and sheila starts running down and catching up to him. "Stay home, you got it?!" 

He shuts the door and I didn't move till I heard the car leave.