Chapter 11

I woke up to the sound of light snoring, right in my ear

I woke up to the sound of light snoring, right in my ear. It was almost ticklish. 

I had to hold in my sudden urge to giggle, Arden's snoring sounds rather adorable. Like a puppy, all sweet and vulnerable in his sleep.

It's still dark as i attempted to move one, large, rather heavy arm that's wrapped securely around my waist. But as I tried to move it, it only tightened its hold on me from behind, followed by a soft but very sleepy growl.

"Stayyy" Arden mumbles half asleep.

I feel his lips lightly kiss the back of my neck, the tingles there convince me not to move.

A soft chuckle escapes my lips this time.

I caress the hand that gently but securely holds my body, i find myself always wanting to touch him. Ever since I started, touching him, only just last night. It's almost like a drug and I'm becoming addicted fast.

My fingers slide across his forearm, gently feeling all the muscles along his arm. His body is a work of art, and under my fingertips, well it's pure ecstasy.

"mmm, keep that up and i'll attack you"

I gasp at his words retreating my fingers from his skin. Attack me? Why?.. but...

He chuckles softly as he nuzzles his nose into my hair.

"I'd never hurt you adallina, i meant it in another way"

His seductive tone states the obvious.

oh. i'm stupid.

Thank god it's dark and that my back is to his face. Because right now I just know with the amount of heat flowing through my face I'm totally blushing from embarrassment and maybe something else...
But oh boy don't get me started on that something else. That's a side to me I don't recognize and all these improper thoughts that run through my mind has me wanting to jump in cold water.

Memories of last night make my insides squirm with delight as I play them back in my mind. Oh dear goddess, last night was amazing...

We didn't do anything more past kissing but we sure did kiss a lot, till our lips were swollen. Our bodies pressed together, the sounds we made, the way his hands felt caressing my body as he kissed me with so much passion. It was mind blowing, no romance book prepared me for that.

However at one point it did seem like we were getting carried away, so I gently pushed him away telling him i wasn't ready for anything more. And thankfully he respected my wishes.

So instead, we laid down face to face on the bed, and talked.

For the first time since meeting him, we had real, honest conversations.

He told me the many details about what being a mate is like, how strong the connection can become when officially mated. I about died of embarrassment when he told me how we officially mate and bond for life. And of course he enjoyed teasing me till my face was so red I thought I'd never cool off.

The honest fact I'm going to be giving my virginity away to Arden feels more right then it should. But it does naturally make me nervous, that's a huge deal for me.

But the fact we naturally have a connection explains a few things. Like how Arden knew when I was feeling sad or in a panic yesterday. Without us being near each other, he said he felt it, my sadness and panic as if it was his own.

Arden explained to me how a ceremony must take place in front of the pack to acknowledge me as their Luna. And yes he gave me all the goody details about being a Luna, basically i'll be Queen here.

Becoming queen was something I never desired. And now I basically have no choice, being the alphas mate automatically makes me queen. Well, in a way.

I didn't allow my pride to stop me from telling him I wasn't excited about becoming queen to a kingdom I know nothing about except from what I read in books. Not to mention I know his pack hates me because I am human. How would they accept me as their Luna?

One thing I will say about Arden that I respect immensely,is his honesty. This man does not hold back, as he didn't even try to deny that very fact, no, instead he agreed.

I can trust an honest man. That I value.

Arden told me I must earn the packs trust and loyalty as Luna. In the past the Fire Crescent moon alphas,  have taken humans for a mate. And they ruled as Luna during their time. So it's possible to have that again, even with the way the world is now. But it's all up to me... just great.

However because I am human and know nothing about this world I've just entered. Arden was going to assign someone to teach me but apparently someone volunteered.

A well respected elder of the pack is willing to teach me the ways of the fire crescent moon pack, its history and culture, in hopes I will be a wise ruler beside Arden.

I had thought for a moment to ask who it was but it donned on me I literally don't know anyone. So it wouldn't matter who it was. I'm just grateful to have help.

Who knew my life would become so complicated overnight.

I can't stop the yawn that comes one after another.

With another kiss to the back of my neck and more mumbling that sounds along the lines of "go to sleep"..

I shut my eyes allowing sleep to take me into the realm of dreams.