Chapter 13

I have to admit the several emotions of pain that flashed across that blonde's face had even me feeling a tad bit sorry for her. That was until she opened her mouth, again.

"WHAT!? How is that even possible!? Alpha we have been Lovers for the past year, do i mean nothing to you now!? This human can't even compare to what I can do for you and this pack. She's a human!"... tears brim her eyes.

"Selena we cannot go against fate. She is deemed worthy to be my mate by the moon goddess herself, you dare dismiss that fact?" Arden answers smoothly, however I can feel something that has me believing he feels something for her.

Unwelcomed emotions of jealousy, insecurities and doubt begin to circle in my mind, unwanted.

Selena takes a step forward and glares at me before answering.. "I do dare. I'm against this match so much I will make it my mission to make sure this human is never accepted. And you know i am capable of doing just that, Alpha"

"Selena" Arden warns angrily.

She turns away and storms out of the castle, all the other women bow their heads before retreating after their favorite she-wolf diva.

I rub my chest not able to let go of these unwanted feelings, I look up at Arden to see he is already staring at me.

His eyes show a struggle that causes me to sigh out loud and step out from his grasp, completely over this bullshit.

"Well she seems lovely. So nice and friendly" sarcasm drips from my words in heavy amounts.

Arden runs a hand through his red hair clearly annoyed with the situation.

"Fuck".. He mumbles.

"So who was she to you?' I can't stop myself from asking.

It's as if he knew I'd ask. He reaches out for me but I take a step back wanting some space between us.

He drops his hand and concedes to the space I'm clearly wanting right now.

"It is as she said, we had a thing for awhile. But that ended the moment i found you"

What. an. Idiot.

"Well clearly you forgot to relay that very important message to her, because by the way she was wrapped around your arm it sure looked as if you still have A Thing Together"

"I.. I know. This is my fuck up. Not hers."

"Well her hatred is now placed on me, you heard what she said"

He sighs out loud "I will speak with her"

"That's not exactly reassuring"

He raises a brow.. "It should, I'm her Alpha. She has no choice but to listen to me"