18

Please comment and vote!

Elijah's POV

"What is up motherfuckers!"

Eli walked into his apartment with Porter that day to find one of his high school best friends, Milo, sprawled across their couch.

"WHAT THE FUCK?" Porter tackled Milo into a hug right as he stood up, dragging Eli into the mix against his will. 

Eli shrugged them off but could not help but let a small smile creep onto his face at seeing his group back together (everyone except Luke).

"So how have you been?" Porter asked Milo. Eli was in the kitchen across from them, making some struggle meal pasta. 

"Pretty good," Milo said nonchalantly, "I dropped out of university but other than that, pretty good." 

Eli dropped the hot pan on the floor right as Porter let out a squeak of surprise. 

"YOU DID WHAT?" Porter and Eli yelled at the same time. 

Milo shrugged,  "It just wasn't for me. Besides, I am starting a business."

Porter threw the couch pillow in his face, "Go back to school, bro. Your business is going to fail."

Milo rolled his eyes, turning down the TV volume to talk to his friends. 

"What about you guys? School? Girls? Band?"

Porter shrugged, "School is the same, band is going well, no girls for me but Eli has a thing for this girl, my parents are t-" 

"ELI LIKES A GIRL?" Milo cut him off, turning to Eli with surprise. "You're lying."

"He is lying, I don't like Carter," Eli rolled his eyes.

"I never said her name."

Silence.

"Well then," Milo said with a smirk. "Tell me about Carter." 

And of course, right at that moment, since Eli apparently lives in a sitcom, Della marched into the apartment with Carter in tow. 

Porter the devil perked up, "Speaking of Carter." 

She frowned when he said that, turning to survey everyone in the room, specifically looking at Eli. "You were talking about me?"

They had not talked since their little event in New Jersey so this was nice and awkward. 

Milo sauntered over to Carter at that moment, opening his arms for a fucking hug like it was normal to hug strangers. 

And of course, Carter fucking hugged him back. Whatever

Milo made a point of looking right at Eli when he did it.

"I'm Milo, you must be Carter." 

When Eli was done making the pasta, he waited until everyone got their portion in a bowl before putting his own bowl and going to sit beside Carter on the couch. 

Milo, the asshole he was, made a beeline for the spot instead, wedging himself between Della and Carter, way too close for Eli's liking.

"So, I know everyone here except for you, Carter. Where you from?" 

"I'm from New York, close to here," Carter said. 

Milo put his arm around her shoulders. 

"Oh cool! I'm not sure if they told you, but I went to high school with these fuckers."

She laughed right before Milo's phone notification sound went off.

He pulled it out and his eyes drew down to the latest message. A text from Eli, who pretended like he hadn't just texted someone in the same room as him. 

It read "stop touching her." 

Milo smirked. "Are you single, Carter?" 

Her eyes darted to Eli's (a movement that was not missed by detective Milo), and settled back to Milo before she said, "Yes, I am." 

"Well, she's kind of talking to this guy actually, what's his name again? Ryan? Oh, Ryder!" Della butt into the conversation.

"Well, we aren't really talking much anymore, he's kind of clingy," Carter giggled, much to Eli's satisfaction. 

"Ah, yes. You seem like you would be more compatible with someone who acts careless but has a big heart. Perhaps someone who dresses like a zombie and-" 

Milo stopped talking when Eli threw his fork at him. 

"Ow! What the fuck!" From there, a wrestling match ensued between the old friends while the rest of them laughed. 

Deep down, even though Milo was just being annoying, he was just happy that his friend had finally seemed to find someone he liked.

Later that day, Milo texted their high school group chat with the words, "our emo boy is in love." 

I have the biggest writer's block ever so I'm sorry for the shit chapter. I already have the next 4 written and will publish them once copyedited.