39

HI, HERES ANOTHER ONE ENJOY! PLEASE COMMENT + VOTE.

Elijah's POV

Eli should've known something was off when he walked into the apartment and found Della, Porter and Carter huddled up at the dining room table, whispering to each other.

He waved it off though, heading straight to the kitchen for food.

The next night, when he strolled into the apartment with a smoothie, it fell right on the floor when 20 people jumped up screaming, "Surprise!" in his face.

He evaluated everyone there with disdain, his lips turning up only when he saw Carter holding up a HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELI  banner. Of course, she remembered his birthday.

"I can't believe you," he said, the minute he got to her, and she smiled up at him shyly, the action going straight to his heart.

The party was in full swing by the time everyone had wished him a happy birthday but he let Carter drag him into his bedroom.

"I got you something," she whispered, pushing him onto the bed and sitting next to him.

She pulled out a neatly wrapped blue box and handed it to him, avoiding eye contact with pink cheeks.

Eli opened it, pulling out a Pikachu plushy that had him grinning. There was a note attached to it, "You're a catch. I think I might have to use my master ball on you."

He laughed. "I love this, baby."

He leaned in and pecked her lips softly.

"Wait! There's more." she gestured into the box.

Eli looked back in and pulled out a beaded charm bracelet that looked oddly similar to the bracelet Carter always wore.

"So we can match," she said softly, smiling up at him. "Do you like it?"

He put it on right away, "I love it so much," he kissed her again gently.

Della came into the room then and dragged them both out to the party, where Eli wasted his entire social battery.

When everyone finally left, Eli was in the kitchen cleaning up when he heard Carter saying goodbye to Della at the door. What the fuck?

He raced out to her, "You're not going home today," he said, ignoring Della, "You're staying here with me."

Eli pulled Carter back into his room with him and pushed her up against the wall, his hands braced beside her.

He looked down at her and he knew he had to tell her. Right there and then, she had to know.

"Carter," he mumbled, cupping both of her cheeks in his hands.

"Yeah, baby?"

He rubbed his thumb across her cheek and leaned in, meshing their lips together passionately, pushing his tongue past her lips and relishing in the satisfied noise she made against him as her soft body pressed into his.

He kissed her with fire and emotion as she kissed him back just as intensely.

"I fucking love you," he muttered into her mouth earnestly, taking pleasure in the way she gasped into him and pulled back slightly to look up at him with vulnerable eyes.

"You do?" She said, her eyes glossy as she looked up at him in admiration.

"I really do," he affirmed. "You're everything to me."

She kissed his lips once, chastely.

"I love you too," she whispered, almost shyly.

He kissed her back and then shrugged, "I know."

She pulled back completely, her eyebrows scrunching "You know?"

"Yeah," he scrunched her cheeks together so her mouth pouted, leaning in and kissing her hard.

 "I heard you tell me in my sleep," he confessed.

She pushed against his chest, pouting and embarrassed. "You're a jerk."

He grabbed the hand on his chest and pulled her close to him again.

"Carter I think I've loved you since the second you crashed into me that day. The best part is I fall more and more in love with you every single day."

She smiled so hard, her face lit up and Eli couldn't help but smile back.

"I'll probably keep falling in love with you until you leave me," he joked.

"Well, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon," she said.

"I guess I'll keep falling more in love with you then."

**************************

THE END I THINK!!!!!!

 I hope you liked the chapter and his love confession???

I AM WRITING TWO BOOKS CURRENTLY:

2) VOID

Tropes: 
enemies to lovers
dark romance
marriage of convenience
forced proximity
villain gets the girl
mature themes
strong female lead

 1) HONEY

Tropes: assassin x target
sunshine x grumpy
angst and pain
touch starved character
badass main female character

follow for updates on both/ add to your library <3