6

pls vote and comment! <3

Elijah's POV

"Well?" Eli prompted. "Why were the cops chasing you?"

"Uh," Carter said, before mumbling something really fast under her breath, looking down.

"What?" Eli said, sharply. Subconsciously leaning closer to hear her better. 

She mumbled really fast again. He leaned even closer, across the table.

"Huh?"

"Ibrokeintothepolicestationforararepokemon" Another fast mumble, slightly louder.

"One more time?" He leaned closer.

She breathed in quickly through her nose, and then;

"I broke into the police station to catch a rare Pokemon on Pokemon Go." She mumbled clearer. The shame in her voice still clear.

There was silence after her statement. Then Eli threw his head back, bursting out into laughter, almost cackling.

"Y-you-" He forced out through chuckles. "You what?"

Carter was looking at him with surprise, startled by the laugh she had never heard before. She took note of how he laughed with his whole body; his shoulders and torso shaking, and his Adam's apple bobbing slightly.

She watched his cheeks lift and his laugh took up almost half his face as his pearly teeth were revealed. She noticed that his canines were slightly sharp.

Eli had finally controlled his laugh, settling down, wiping under his eyes. Carter was staring at him unbashful, what the hell is she looking at? He thought.

"Wow." His monotone voice was back, much to Carter's disappointment. "That was unexpected. Here I was wondering if you were a cold-blooded criminal, but you're just a ten year old stuck inside a nineteen year old's body."

"Shut up. You probably play games on your phone too."

He thought about how he was on level 2437 on Candy Crush before speaking, "No. I don't have any games on my phone."

"Yes. You do." She insisted.

"No, I don't. He emphasized.

"Prove it." She smirked, eyeing his phone in his pocket.

"No." Eli glared at her.

It didn't faze her at all, "that's what I thought." She got up, turning away from him with a smug look, probably going to look for their group. 

He noticed she left her bag on the bench.

******

When Eli found his friends again, they were in line for the Ferris wheel. Oh, fuck no.

He tried ducking his head down so they wouldn't see him.

"Eli!" He heard Carter's chirpy voice. He sighed, looking at her in the middle of the line. She waved him over.

He shoved his hands in his hoodie pockets, strolling over. When he got to the group, Della was absorbed in a conversation with Raina, and Porter was on his phone.

"Hey! Don't cut in line." Eli turned his head to see two big guys behind them, with angry looks on their faces.

He ignored them, facing back to Carter. "You left your-"

"I was talking to you, punk." He heard that now annoying voice say again. 

Punk? What was this, 2007?