20

This is a double update! Make sure to read the chapter right before and comment/vote for the next part ;)

Elijah's POV

He could hear the music before he even got out of his car. He walked up to the door and thanked every God in his head that he had been wearing sweatpants and not his embarrassing pyjamas.

The door was wide open and he could smell weed and alcohol before he even got inside.

When he went in he saw a few people he recognized and nodded at anyone who tried to greet him. He saw blue converse on the floor near the entrance, pausing to pick them up with one hand.

His eyes scanned the foyer as he walked and he took his phone out to call Carter when he spotted her. She was dancing on a couch in the living room like an idiot while a few people filmed and cheered her on.

She was wearing black jeans and a blue crop top. Her socks were green. His eyebrows pulled down as he noted how tipsy her movements were.

His eyebrows shot back up when her hands trailed down her body in a sensual manner that reminded him of how her hips grinded on top of him in New Jersey. He shook the thought out of his head quickly.

Her dancing also captured some guys' attention and Eli did not like that for some reason.

He strode over with purpose, ignoring her squeal as she saw him.

She stood taller than him on the couch and Eli bent forwards and quite literally threw her over his shoulder.

"Eli!" She exclaimed, trying to hoist herself up. 

"Put me down right now!" She was trying to sound authoritative but the slur in her words made it funny. He ignored her, turning to leave.

She protested and proceeded to punch his shoulders and back with her fist but he kept his arm firmly on her thighs under her ass and her body slung over his shoulder.

He pushed past everyone at the party, ignoring their questions until he got outside and then to his car. He put Carter down and shoved her into the passenger seat then went around to the driver's seat.

He got in and turned to give her her shoes. She was pouting and he gave her a deadpanned look, waiting for a thank you as he locked the doors.

She sighed, averting eye contact. "Thank you for getting me." She stuttered.

He said nothing, looking at her up and down to make sure everything was intact and okay.

"I see you chose some colour today." She giggled, gesturing to his dark grey hoodie.

"Yeah? It's the most color you'll ever see me wear." He slightly grinned, going along with her joke. "So what happened? Why did you wanna leave?"

"There was..." Her smile dimmed and she looked uncomfortable. "I just- I just needed to leave." She finished with some trouble.

"Why?" He pushed her.

"It doesn't matter."

"Yeah, it does," he was clearly not backing down.

She paused. "There was some guy who kept trying to hit on me and stuff when I went to the bathroom." She muttered, embarrassed.

Eli felt nothing but anger as he turned to open the door of the car. Whoever the fuck talked to her was getting their skull caved in.

He stopped when she grabbed his forearm, holding him in place.

"Let go. I'll fucking kill him, Carter," he said.

"No, please. Don't make me regret telling you," Carter begged him. "I don't want you to do anything to him. I don't even wanna talk about it. It's okay I just wanna leave. Please can we leave?"

She sniffled and Eli's heart cracked in two when he saw tears in her eyes.

He looked into her wet dark green eyes as she kept a firm grip on his arm, and turned his body back to face her, breathing in deeply through his nose.

"Okay. We can leave. I hate seeing you cry," he blurted out the last part.

"It's okay, I cry about everything. I guess I'm just sensitive like that," she explained, gesturing her hands to her face.

"Well, I'll never make you cry," he said back.

He was met with silence and he suddenly felt awkward, needing to change the subject.

"Who did you even come with?" He asked as he took out his keys.

She looked down bashfully. "Ryder brought me," she whispered.

His hand froze an inch away from the ignition, tightening into a fist. Motherfucking Ryder. He felt a tightness in his throat and he wasn't sure why.

"Right. And where is he now?" He asked in a monotone voice, bringing his eyes back to her face.

Her eyes stayed on the ground. "He left."

"He left you here? By yourself at some party that he made you come to?" Eli felt his jaw clench.

"No, he just needed to go somewhere, he said he would come back for me."

Eli let out a humorless laugh. "That's bullshit. So why did you call me then? You needed a chauffer now that your precious Ryan had 'somewhere to go'?" He mocked her.

"No, it's not like that. I just-" She stopped talking. He could tell she was still drunk but holding herself back from saying something.

"You just?" He prompted.

"I just needed to feel safe," she mumbled. "Y-you make me feel safe."

Eli's sour mood disappeared faster than he had blocked Donald Trump on Twitter. He makes her feel... safe?

He looked away, only looking back when he caught the movement of her rubbing her hands up and down her bare arms in his peripheral.

He made her feel safe.

He pulled his grey hoodie off, throwing it at her and saying nothing.

He heard a giggle as it landed on her head, and he couldn't help but let a smile form on his own mouth. He turned on the engine and pulled onto the road.

She put on his hoodie as he drove them to the building he remembered as her home.

He made her feel safe.

What are your thoughts? Next chapter soon :) will also be a double update