five

As I get home my mom tells me, "We're having dinner with the Foster's!"

"Didn't we just do that the other day?" I run my hand through my sweaty hair.

"Yes we did, but we are doing it again!" She smiles as she look down to the dessert she's making. Her light brown hair falls around the side if her face and she tucks a piece behind her ear.

I sigh and head upstairs for a shower.

I step in and run my hands through my hair getting it all wet at once. The water runs down my abs and I sigh.

I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around my waist. Going to my room I yawn softly.

I pull boxers on and grab a pair of grey sweatpants. I pull a black wife beater on and dry my hair with my towel.

"B! Come on!" My mom yells from downstairs.

I sigh and slip my phone into my pocket. Then make my way downstairs.

I slip onto my Nike slides and we walk next door.

Madeleine was dressed in black sweats and a small white tank top. Her hair was pulled into a bun on the top of her head and she wore no makeup.

We ate and were sent away again. Not that we cared much.

The kids went to the backyard and played whole Madeleine and I went upstairs. "Hey Mads, tell your siblings to be careful."

She nods and does as she was told.

We go up to her bedroom and I sit in her desk chair again.

"You got suspended today huh?" She asks as she faces me.

"Yeah, I did," I scratch the back if my neck, suddenly nervous.

"Why'd you beat him up?"

I'm getting asked that a lot today. Shit man.

"He said something that pissed me off."

"Oh?"

Her eyes scan my arms. She's never seen my tattoos. My entire right arm and back are covered in them.

"You've got tattoos?"

"Yeah, a lot actually," I chuckle softly. "You?"

She lifts the side on her shirt showing me a dagger pointing down. "What's it mean?" I ask softly.

"Loki once said love is a dagger. It's a weapon to be wielded far away or up close. You can see yourself in it. Love is an imaginary dagger." She smiles, "it kind of stuck with me so when I turned seventeen I got it done."

"Nice." I stand up and pull my shirt up to my neck and show her my back.

"Wow. It's a huge skull. That's cool as fuck Blade!" She smiles as I sit back down. "What's on your arm?"

"On my shoulder and bicep is a portrait of the grim reaper. My inner bicep is a portrait of an angel. On my inner forearm is Jack Skellington and Sally, but demonized. The other side is the Beetlejuice snake with a darker background to it."

"That's amazing. I love Tim Burton!"

"Me too."

Damn, we just have more and more in common. What the fuck man?

- Madeleine's pov -

After showing each other our tattoos we fall into a silence.

"So um- how're you liking Carson City?"

"It's nice. I went around exploring today. Doesn't seem like there's much to do though."

"Not much to do? Boy where did you go cause there's plenty to do!" I laugh softly as he shrugs.

"Well, I went and got a burger, but that was about it I guess."

"Have you been to Sand Harbor or Cave Rock?" I asks and he shakes his head. "Oh my god! We have to go then! Come in we're going!"

I get up and he follows I rush downstairs and say, "hey is it okay if I take Blade to Sand Harbor or Cave Rock?"

Our parents look at each other for a second then back to us, "yeah be careful. If your siblings want to go take them too ok?" My mom smiles.

I nod, "yeah."

I put my shoes on and go out to ask if any of the kids if they want want go. All of them say no.

I nod and tell Blade, "go put shoes on. Not slides ok?"

He nods and runs into his house before coming back out. I get into my car and start it. He climbs into the passenger seat and I smile.

"So where we going?" He asks as he buckles his seat belt.

"You get to chose."

"Um- Sand Harbor. Sound cool."

I nod, "to Sand Harbor we go then!"

I turn my phone on and connect it to my bluetooth. Playing my playlist I pull out of the driveway.

We get there and I park along the highway. We get out and climb the rocks around it and sit on top. "It's beautiful," Blade smiles.

"I know. This is one of my favorite places."

"Why is that?"

"I use to come here as a kid. I moved from San Diego to Carson City when I was four and this was the first place my mom took me to. We stopped here instead of heading to straight to our house." I shrug, "I come here a lot now, I guess. Mostly when I need to get away from people."

"You don't have many friends huh?" He laughs.

"Oh fuck off. I have three friends, which is enough!" I punch him in the shoulder. "You don't have friends either!"

"I don't need friends."

"Oh Mr. Mysterious huh?"

"I guess," he chuckles.

We sit quietly listening to the water below. My hand brushes his sending a shiver to run down my body.

We sit like this for almost two hour before deciding to head back.

We part ways with a quick bye.

I get back to my room and lay on my bed. The door opens and my mom says, "you guys have fun?"

"Yeah, we did," I smile as I blush softly.

"Good."