seven

Blade and his family have been here for six months now. We've hung out almost every single day and we are the best of friends. He likes to hang out with me and my friends.

Darrius hasn't talked to us since and he's ignoring our messages. Which is fine I guess. He's a jock after all. They all become the same. It was destined.

It's November and I've been told it's Blade's birthday soon. The tenth is his birthday so I have two days to find a present for him.

I pull a hoodie on and fix me sweat pants. I grab my car keys and wallet before heading out to my car.

As I open the door I see Blade coming outside. "Oh hey," he says.

"Hey," I smile softly.

"Where you going?"

"Oh um- no where."

"No where huh?" His brows furrow, "sounds boring?"

"Ugh fine. I'm going to get you a birthday present." I roll my eyes and he smiles.

"You know my birthday?"

"November tenth. You'll be nineteen and you like skulls, Jack skellington, Beetlejuice and demons." I say as I rub the back of my neck. "You also have two older sisters who are twins. You also feel like you don't fit into your family because compared to them you're emo."

"Hm, sounds like you pay attention to me."

"Well of course I do."

Realizing what I said I blush. I basically just admitted that I like him. Fuck.

"I bet I know more about you," he chuckles.

"Yeah right."

"Birthday? January third. You'll be eighteen and your favorite color is black. You like any Tim Butron film. Johnny Depp is your favorite actor. You wear safetypin earrings because of him and the fact that they mean you're a safe space for people. You have an older brother named Kane and he is you're absolute best friend. You and him are getting matching tattoos at some point. The tattoo? An anchor."

"Hm, you do know me I guess." I laugh nervously.

"Why don't you let me come with you and we can pick something out together? Ya know to insure I like it."

I roll my eyes, "then where is the surprise?"

"Doesn't have to be one."

"Ugh fine. Only because I want you to like it."

He climbs into my passenger seat and I start the car.

I drive to the mall and we go inside. Our hands brush against each other's and I shove my hands into my pockets.

A simple thing as our hands brushing against each other's shouldn't make me as nervous as it does. It might be because I have a small crush on him.

I told Delilah and Kaylee about it. They don't me to ask him out, but I'm too shy for that. I don't want to fuck everything up.

- Blade's pov -

After getting my present I make sure to sneak off and get her something. A promise ring. Am I going to give it to her soon? No, but eventually.

I asked Kaylee and Delilah what to do and they told me to ask her out. So instead of having a birthday party or doing anything, I'm going to ask her to go out on a date with me. I think it'll go well, I hope it will.

We get back into her car and I make sure the promise ring is hidden.

As we get back I tell her I'll see her later, for our weekly dinner over there. She nods and heads into her house.

I go into mine and I see my mom crying. "Mom?"

She sniffles and wipes her face, "Hey hun. Where have you been?"

"Um- I was at the mall with Madeleine. Why are you crying?" I ask my hand through her hair.

"Nothing. I'm okay."

"Mom. What happened?"

"I just found out your dad has been cheating on me." She sniffles, "it's been going in for a year. She lived in Chicago and right after we moved she did too."

"What the fuck? Where is he?"

"I don't know."

The front door opens and I see my dad walk in. He has flowers and a bag from a chocolate store. "Baby I'm sorry," he says as they make eye contact.

He doesn't see me until I yell, "you think saying you sorry and some gifts are going to make this shit better? You are a piece of shit if you think that will work!"

"Don't raise your voice to me boy!"

"Or what? Huh? You going to hit me? Like you did when I was a kid huh?" I scream in his face.

He raises his hand and my fist collides with his cheek before he has the chance to swing. He hits the floor and I climb onto him. I feel like I'm blacking out. I hit him over and over until my moms scream crying voice brings me back.

I get off him and grab my keys. I start my bike and speed off. Nor sure where I'm going, until I reach the spot Madeleine showed me.

Sand Harbor.

I sit there by myself for who knows how long.