9 | Celebration

______________

Just The Two Of Us by Grover Washington, Jr (featuring Bill Withers)

"Just the two of us, we can make it if we try."

_____________

2263

__________

The following day, Kirk stood in his uniform beside his fiancé as she was in her uniform, looking at the screen of cases which slowly disappeared one after another. Now finally closed.

"For decades, the Federation thought that he was a hero," Commodore Paris said as she turned to look at the two, "I guess time will judge us all."

"He just got lost," Kirk nodded as he looked over at the Commodore.

"It happens to everyone," Y/N sighed softly as she looked up at the two, she knew how anger can blind someone and slowly go blind to everything and get lost.

Paris smiled at the couple, "you both saved this entire base. Millions of souls, thank you."

"It wasn't just us," Kirk shook his head, "it never is."

"Needless to say, the position of Vice Admiral is yours." Paris nodded as Y/N looked up at him, wide-eyed, not believing he would want to leave the Enterprise, "no one deserves it more."

Kirk looked down at his fiance, knowing he only really wanted the position for a change of scenery because she wasn't there with him. He smiled down at her then clicked his tough, "Vice Admirals don't fly, do they?"

"No, they don't."

"Well, no offence, ma'am, but..." Kirk smiled, "where's the fun in that?"

Paris smiled, "you haven't changed one bit," she then looked over at Y/N. "The Federation is happy to have you back, Ms. Lone."

"Happy to be back and not thought of as dead," Y/N smiled, "it's happened before," she waved off, "but it's always fun to come back to life." She smiled as Kirk raised a brow. "It's a surprise attack," she giggled as he wore a lopsided grin.

"You have not changed either," Paris shook her head. "Starfleet would like you to resume your missions, effective immediately."

Y/N stood a little straighter as Kirk was shocked and looked over at her. "No," she laughed.

"No?"

"I'm a trained alien assassin, working as an agent of Starfleet to do good. I've done a lot and will do a lot more... But, I am going to take a few days off since I have my fiancee back," she smiled up at Kirk.

Paris raised a brow, "I'm proud of you, Y/N. He would be too," she smiled, referring to Pike.

"Thank you, Paris, it means a lot." She smiled and grabbed Kirk's hand, "and if that is all, we have a lot to catch up on."