36

*Piper*

*A while after the proposal*

"Don't be silly, Jason." I sighed. I had parked the car in front of the bridal shop in the village, but Jason refused to get out.

"I've changed my mind. I don't want to come anymore."

"Jason, come on." Helped Lyla standing with Felicia in her arms. "Yesterday you called yourself the 'wedding dress expert' of the family. Jason got out of the car sulking. He gave Lyla and Felicia a kiss and then followed us into the store. I looked around and saw hundreds of different dresses. Some were tight-fitting and chic and others were big and showy.At once a man with a tape measure around his neck came running towards us.

"Can I help you?" he asked in a cocky accent.

"Yes, we have an appointment under the name: Piper Williams." the man looked at his diary and nodded.

"yes, that's right. Welcome everyone, I'm your consultant Steven." He shook hands with each of us and winked at Jason. Jason blushed a little and took a few steps toward Lyla. He put his hand on her shoulder so the man understood the hint.

"So, do you already know what kind of dress you want?" Steven asked me. I shook my head and looked at Jason.

"No, but Jason claims he's the wedding dress expert, so let him figure something out." I laughed. Jason was terrified and bit his lip. He wanted to fight it, but the store door flew open.

"Piper!" Call out a familiar voice.

"Ella!" Ella came running up to me and flew around my neck.

"I don't see you for a few months and you're already engaged?" she cried. I wiped her tears.

"It was a weird turn of events." I laughed.

"I'm a real whiner. Let's pick out dresses!" She said suddenly a lot more exciting. I walked past the racks and looked at the dresses. I preferred something simple. Not a lot of glitter or beads because I thought that was a bit too exaggerated.

"Piper, what do you think of this one?" Jason said, pulling out a dress. The dress had long sleeves and a kind of turtleneck neckline.

"Jason. That's a grandma's dress." I said as I disapproved of the dress with my look.

"But it does cover you completely. You don't suffer from looking in and you can't see your arms!" He still tried. Lyla pulled the dress from his hands and hung it back. shaking his head, Jason continued.

"And this one?" asked Ella. She showed a tight strapless dress. He wasn't even that ugly.

"No. She doesn't like that." Jason protested. I ignored his comment and looked at the dress.

"I'll fit him in." I said kindly. I gave the dress to Steven who hung it in the fitting room. After a while I had three dresses that I could try on. One from Jason, one from Ella, and then the other I picked myself. We had to wait a little longer for Liam, Eva, Peyton and Adam. They had promised to come, but came later. We got a cup of tea while waiting. Strangely enough, I was very nervous. What if I could never find a good dress? I was quickly brought out of my thoughts by Adam storming in.

"Hey! Let's get this party started!" he cried. Everyone plopped down on the benches and I was led by Steven to the fitting room. First I tried on Jason's dress. The granny dress.

"Jason, are you serious?" I shouted through the closed curtain. Steven zipped up the dress and I looked at myself in the mirror. The dress was full of frills and frills. If I can describe it in one word it will be: ugly. Steven opened the curtain and I saw that most of them were trying hard not to laugh.