Chapter One: Wolf Moon

Scott walks in my room as I'm listening to music, fixing my lacrosse net, and video chatting Jackson before tryouts and practice

Scott walks in my room as I'm listening to music, fixing my lacrosse net, and video chatting Jackson before tryouts and practice. "Lia, did you hear the noise outside?" Scott asked and I stop the music. "No, why?" I ask "I heard something outside." Scott said "Okay. Jax I'll call you back later." I say "Okay. Bye Amy. Call me later and tell me if I'm still picking you up in the morning." Jackson said and he hangs up. "Let's go. You're carrying the bat." I say and we walk outside with him walking in front of me with the bat. Stiles suddenly hangs down from the roof making all three of us scream. Scott holds the bat up. "Stiles, what the hell are you doing?" Scott and I ask in sync. "Neither of you were answering your phones. Scott, why do you have a bat?" Stiles asked "I thought you were a predator." Scott said "A pre... Look, I know it's late, but you two gotta hear this. I saw my dad leave twenty minutes ago. Dispatch called. They're bringing in every officer from the Beacon Department, and even state police." Stiles said

"For what?" Scott and I ask in sync. "Two joggers found a body in the woods." Stiles said and he falls to the ground. "A dead body?" Scott asked making me turn and look at him. Stiles stands up leaving on the railing of the porch. "No, a body of water. Yes, dumbass a dead body." Stiles said and he climbs over the railing of the porch. "You mean like, murdered?" Scott asked "Nobody knows yet. Just that it was a girl, probably in her 20s." Stiles said "Hold on, if they found the body, then what are they looking for?" I ask "That's the best part. They only found half." Stiles looks super excited and I knew then that we were going to be spending the night in the woods. "We're going." Stiles said "Stiles I'm in pajamas at least let me change first." I say and I go inside and to my room.

I call Jackson back while I'm grabbing random clothes out of my closet. "So you're still alive. That's good." Jackson said "It was just Stiles. Wants Scott and I to go look for a dead cut in half body with him." I say taking my shirt off changing. "And by you changing means that you're going." Jackson said "Yup." I say putting pants on and then my shoes. "Just don't get murdered." Jackson said "Yeah I'll try. And yes I still need you to pick me up tomorrow. Bye Jax." I say hanging up.

-time skip-

We get in Stiles' jeep and go to the preserve. "We're seriously doing this?" Scott asked once we get out of the jeep. "You're the one always bitching that nothing ever happens in this town." I say as Stiles and I walk further into the woods. "I was trying to get a good nights sleep before practice tomorrow." Scott said as he starts following us. "Right, cause sitting on the bench is such a grueling effort." Stiles said "No, because I'm playing this year. In fact, I'm making first line." Scott said "Hey, that's the spirit. Everyone should have a dream, even a pathetically unrealistic one." Stiles said "Just out of curiosity, which half of the body are we looking for?" I ask "Huh! I didn't even think about that." Stiles said "And, uh, what if whoever killed the body is still out here?" Scott asked "Also something I didn't think about." Stiles said as we climb a small hill in the woods. "It's comforting to know you've planned this out with your usual attention to detail." I say "I know." Stiles said "Maybe the severe asthmatic should be the one holding the flashlight, huh?" Scott asked shaking his inhaler following us.