Chapter Five: The Tell

Recap

Recap

"I was the only other survivor of the Hale House fire. I don't remember much of that day but Peter helped me out of the house and he almost died getting me out and if he hadn't then I wouldn't be standing here right now. The main thing I remember seeing clear as day is Kate Argent being the one to set the fire. So next time you want to say that they had a reason for what they did remember that your sister who was very much human at the time almost died in that fire." I say glaring at Scott with my eyes glowing.

Back to the story

My phone dings with a text message from Jackson.

Jax
You still coming over?

Amy
If she's not there.

Jax
She's not.

Amy
Then yes I am.

I turn to look at Derek and away from my phone. "Will you drop me off at a friends?" I ask "Yeah. Let's go." Derek said and we get back in the car. I tell him the directions and have him stop on the side of the road a couple houses down from Jackson's. "Who lives here?" Scott asked looking at the house of a random person. "No idea. Don't follow me." I get out and shutting the door making my way towards Jackson's house. I walk to the door unlocking and opening it with the key that I have noticing his parents aren't home. "Jax!" I yell and he comes downstairs from his room. "Hey." He kisses me and I kiss back. "Everything okay?" Jackson asked "Just stuff going on with Scott. I really don't want to talk about it." I say and I kiss him again and we make our way upstairs to his room.

-time skip-

I'm working in the back room when I feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up like something is going to happen and I take an earbud out of my ear. "Hello? Is anybody working here? You gotta be kidding me." I hear Jackson say and I take my other earbud out of my ear and walk out of the back. "Jax? What can I help you find?" I ask and he turns around to face me. "Amy? I'm looking for The Notebook and I was trying to find someone to help me." Jax said and I try not to laugh at the movie title.  "The manager is supposed to be out here. I'm just in the back but I can help you." We walk towards where The Notebook would be and I see shoes sticking out at the end of shelves and I walk towards it. Jax follows me and we turn the corner and I see my boss laying on the floor dead with his throat cut. "Well damn. That's why he couldn't help you." I say and Jax backs into the ladder causing the lights to cut out. He stands back up and that's when I see the Alpha. Jackson turns around and pulls me down beside him behind a movie shelf when he sees the alpha. Jackson decided to peek out from the side of the shelf before turning back. "What the hell is going on?" Jackson whispers and that's when movies start to fall on top of us. The shelves start falling and I roll out of the way before the shelf pins me but Jackson gets pinned by his legs.